Iron Pony Riding Academy

Iron Pony

Locally owned and operated Iron Pony Motorsports Group launches Iron Pony Riding Academy – A motorcycle riding school focused on teaching the fundamentals and dynamics of safe motorcycle operation.

Iron Pony Motorsports Group has an exciting new division designed to train motorcyclists. The Iron Pony Riding Academy can simply be described as a motorcycle riding school. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation based curriculum was developed for people with little or no motorcycle riding experience. Students will spend time in the classroom and riding motorcycles while they develop skills and gain an understanding of the dynamics of safely operating a motorcycle. Iron Pony Riding Academy’s instructors are professionally trained and certified by the Ohio Department of Public Safety’s Motorcycle Ohio Division and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Students will train in a safe, controlled environment, free from the dangers of traffic while learning the basic skills and techniques needed for a lifelong enjoyment of motorcycling. Cory Atwood, CFO of the Iron Pony Motorsports Group, said “Riding motorcycles can seem quite intimidating at first, but once you develop an understanding of how the motorcycle’s controls work and spend time cultivating proper riding techniques, it becomes second nature- the key is developing a foundation of proper techniques.”

Iron Pony Riding Academy offers weekly classes during peak riding season. The 16 hour curriculum starts with four hours in the classroom, followed by twelve hours of on-the-bike training. The *cost of the course includes all class materials, and the use of a current model training motorcycle and helmet. Proper *attire and a Motorcycle Learners Permit is required. Upon successful completion students receive a waiver which they present to the BMV to obtain their motorcycle endorsement. Earning this waiver allows you to *forego the BMV skills test. (Minimum age required)  *Check IP-RA.com for details. 

About Iron Pony Motorsports Inc. Locally owned and operated Iron Pony Motorsports Inc. is one of the nation’s leading multichannel retailers of parts, apparel and accessories for motorcycles and similar power sports vehicles. In 2011 Iron Pony Motorsports was named the number one motorcycle dealer in the US by Dealernews Magazine. Iron Pony has been in business for more than 35 years. Iron Pony’s headquarters are located at 5436 Westerville Rd. Westerville, OH 43081. Subsidiaries include Iron Pony Direct LLC, A mail-order and e-commerce retailer and Iron Pony Trackside LLC, a mobile and event retailer. Iron Pony Direct & Iron Pony Trackside focus on the same market as Iron Pony Motorsports. www.ironpony.com

About Pony Powersports Group LLC. Pony Powersports Group was established in 2008 as the Powersports vehicle sales and service division of Iron Pony Motorsports. Pony Powersports is a retailer of Aprilia, Beta, Kawasaki, Piaggio, Polaris, Star, Suzuki, Yamaha, Vespa and Victory motorcycles, scooters, ATVs and utility vehicles. The Pony Powersports Group is located inside the Iron Pony Superstore at 5370 Westerville Rd. www.ponypowersports.com

About Iron Pony Riding Academy.  Established in 2013, Iron Pony Riding Academy’s goal is to offer certified, professional, instruction on the dynamics of riding a motorcycle. Iron Pony Riding Academy offers the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and Motorcycle Ohio’s Basic Rider Course. The curriculum of this course is designed for people with little or no motorcycle experience. The training takes place in a safe, controlled, environment that is conducive to absorbing the mental and physical skills needed to safely operate a motorcycle. The Basic Rider Couse features both classroom and on-motorcycle training. www.ip-ra.com     

Edited by Iron Pony

To put the cost of the class in perspective, it is far cheaper than getting in a wreck while trying to learn the basics of riding a motorcycle on the street. $200 won't buy a band aid in a hospital.

I've got a few spots open for the class starting on May 30th.

6-10 PM on Thurs May 30th

8-2 on Sat & Sun June 1-2

Get your license!

Edited by Iron Pony

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I have three open spots for the class that starts Wednesday evening at 6PM.

4 hours Wed evening, 6 hours Sat, 6 hours Sun.

Have your motorcycle license in your hand one week from today!

One of the instructors for this class is one of the 4 "chief instructors" in OH. Lots of fun and VERY, VERY good at getting you dialed in with the right technique.

• 3 weeks later...

As of right now I have 4 open spots for this weeks BRC.

Thurs 6/27 6p-10p

Sat 6/29 8a-2p

Sun 6/30 8a-2p

There will be no class the week of the 4th of July.

GET YOUR LICENSE!

www.ip-ra.com

• 1 month later...

I have 1 open spot for this weeks BRC.

Thurs...........................8/1 6p-10p Classroom
Sat...............................8/3 8a-2p Range
Sun.............................. 8/4 8a-2p Range

Take this course & skip the BMV skills test!

GET YOUR LICENSE!

www.ip-ra.com

You'll use our fresh, current year, training bikes - Small & easy to learn on........................Yamaha XV250, Yamaha TW200, Suzuki TU250

We'll even loan you a helmet & eye protection.

• 5 months later...

2014 Schedule is posted at www.ip-ra.com

Available classes this year are:

Riding-101

Basic Rider Course

Basic Rider Course - Returning Rider

Basic Rider Course - 2

Advanced Rider Course

First class, weather permitting, is March 12th. 

On the subject, I've had an impossible time getting someone from IP to reply to emails this winter about resuming a class in the spring. My girlfriend took part of your BRC last year, enjoyed it, but she agreed with the instructor to stop during the first riding day when she was getting too frustrated to learn with the group. It was a wise decision, and she since has practiced on her own, regained confidence and is ready to return this spring. Her instructor said that IPRA has a resumption policy, but when she and I tried to secure the details with management via email, we were ignored, and that didn't help her sense of "can-do" about the situation.

I hope IPRA can work something out with her - full class admission is a lot of money on her budget and may be enough to dissuade her from getting her M endorsement, but she enjoys it and I'd like to see her stay with the sport. Is there someone she could talk to directly to resume in the spring?

Scott

Scott from IP called me and completely settled my concerns; far exceeding my expectations!  Thanks Scott and IP, my girlfriend will be as excited for riding weather as I am.  A buddy and I just may take the ARC this year too - it's really cool you're offering it since the ODPS ones fill up fast.

:bikeday: