Speeding Tax

Tigerpaw

I know someone cited for reckless op at 15 over. Judge dismissed it and told him unless it was 20 over or more, reckless op wasn't in play which is what I was basing my comment on

Sorry Don if you thought I wasn't chill...but you don't wanna see MexiHulk mad though

ohio has no statutory regulation as to what defines reckless operation. the only thing the law says is this:

4511.20 Operation in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

(A) No person shall operate a vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar on any street or highway in willful or wanton disregard of the safety of persons or property.

speed, traffic conditions, location etc can all be considered, and you can be cited on public or private property. 

Edited by John

• 2 weeks later...

You can also try to take a traffic safety course and it won't get reported to dmv as a conviction. Which reminds me I need to get on that.

First offense speed in Ohio no longer carries any points.

Insurance companies typically can't see what your speed was, just that you were cited...

They didn't even get my "full time and attention" ticket correct, they thought it was "wrong way on a 1 way street"

So as long as you're not "cited" for reckless op, they will just adjust your rates based on a basic speeding violation

Officer: do you know why I pulled you over?

If your answer is anything other than... I do not know..

You deserve the ticket.

Don't answer any questions, don't ask amy questions, save all that for court.

Make sure you note speed of other cars, time of day,etc.

I got off on 2 technicality first one was I got a speeding ticket in a school zone, howeve4 I went back before my hearing and noted the schopl zone started at 830 and my ticket said exactly 830, so I argued it was possible I was clocked before the school zone started for the day

Next was at twilight, I argued the officer who lulled me over did not have any lights on as the ticket was 15 minutes before sunset wnd ohio law states lights on 30 min before sunset and 30 min after sunrise.

I got off both times

I don't think so, I got my first (and only) ticket in 2007. No points and only $80.

It was a stupid ticket from a Worthington cop with a little freeway jurisdiction on 315, cited for 77 in a 65 while passing another car. Probably the only reason I was even pulled over is because it was like 3:00 am.

False...20+ over in Ohio is reckless op. I've gotten 4 speeding tickets in Ohio in 13 years of driving and every single one has been 19 over and about $130

it *can be* but it is a separate charge that the officer has to file.

Officer: do you know why I pulled you over?

If your answer is anything other than... I do not know..

You deserve the ticket.

Don't answer any questions, don't ask amy questions, save all that for court.

you gotta beat him to the punch. as soon as he walks up you say "good morning/afternoon/evening officer, why did you stop me?"

then he doesn't get to play his little game of "do you know why i pulled you over?"

I dont give someone the chance to ask me..." hello my name is Ofc. Cory I work for the blah blah blah department, can I please see your license, registration, & proof of insurance. The reason I pulled you over is I observed you going 45 MPH in a posted 25 mph zone."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I got a warning for 97 in a 50 in a snow storm on the VFR making an illegal pass... I was cold as shit and in a hurry to get home.. I think the cops thought the snow was punishment enough and gave me a warning lol.. Licking county sheriffs

I call bullshit. Did they give u a written warning

I call bullshit. Did they give u a written warning

Lol I don't give a fuck if you believe me or not. I have nothing to prove to you. It was a verbal warning, followed by some joking around where they said they wished I had ran so they could stretch the legs of their new charger, followed by a have a nice night and slow down. I crossed a double yellow to pass a car and got excessive on the throttle not realizing the car two cars behind me was a sheriff car. Don't believe it? No fucks given on my end.

And ftr, I rode all winter. I don't even own a car and didn't move to az until may. So I rode Dec to may in Ohio. Not just a fair weather rider.

facebook_58301804_zpsd88e80bc.jpg

Edited by Steve Butters

I don't see the point of pulling over for cops on a bike. By the time they would radio in, turn around, you can be 3 miles the other direction.

Lol

Probably part of the problem of why they want toget us so badly. Honestly, Cops love the chance to pull bikers over for this reason.. and part of the problem is, i'm not always ready to go Blls to the wall running from em.

Lol I don't give a fuck if you believe me or not. I have nothing to prove to you. It was a verbal warning, followed by some joking around where they said they wished I had ran so they could stretch the legs of their new charger, followed by a have a nice night and slow down. I crossed a double yellow to pass a car and got excessive on the throttle not realizing the car two cars behind me was a sheriff car. Don't believe it? No fucks given on my end.

And ftr, I rode all winter. I don't even own a car and didn't move to az until may. So I rode Dec to may in Ohio. Not just a fair weather rider.

facebook_58301804_zpsd88e80bc.jpg

u got super lucky then my friend.

Probably part of the problem of why they want toget us so badly. Honestly, Cops love the chance to pull bikers over for this reason.. and part of the problem is, i'm not always ready to go Blls to the wall running from em.

who wouldnt like to speed and haul ass in a vehicle w lights and sirens? If u say u wouldnt your a liar lol.

u got super lucky then my friend.

I had a similar, but not as extreme, situation about a month ago. I rode to work and it was about 70 degrees or so. When I got out of work around midnight, the temperature had dropped to about 40 degrees or so. All I had was my T shirt and normal riding gear. No "Cold weather" gear. Once I got onto 480W I was going 85mph pretty much immediately. Posted speed limit was 60mph. I got hit by a cop using laser, he followed me with it and everything lol. I know he was aiming at me because I was pretty much the only one on the highway at the time. He didn't even get in his car to pull me over or anything. Guess he felt bad for me haha.

Depends on situation for me... Minor offense? Probably stop. Jailable offense? I'm going either way, might as well give it a go to escape lol