Bike Questions

Buckeyejoe88

Hi. I have a 2007 Hyosung GT-650R an it had been having some issues shutting off and losing power. I replaced the battery and it worked well for a whole month then all of a sudden one day the digital read out flipped out and the bike sputtered and suddenly lost power and won't fire up now without a log jump or trickle charge but only lasts a short while. I think this problem is the regulator and/or the alternator. Any advice would be awesome.

My advice is to get that piece of junk running and sell it to some unsuspecting sucker asap. There is a reason those bikes are so cheap, they're complete garbage.

My opinion as a mechanic is that your voltage regulator/rectifier (vrr) took a big ole Korean Kimchee dump on you and may have cooked off whatever playskool 'my first ecu' computer that thing came with. Do the gauges and stuff still function normally? Do you have a volts/ohms meter? With the bike running, check the voltage across the battery terminals, should be at least 12 idling, maybe 14 at 5k rpm. If that checks out, your battery is toast. If you don't have the prescribed voltage, either your vrr or your stator is roached.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

My advice is to get that piece of junk running and sell it to some unsuspecting sucker asap. There is a reason those bikes are so cheap, they're complete garbage.

My opinion as a mechanic is that your voltage regulator/rectifier (vrr) took a big ole Korean Kimchee dump on you and may have cooked off whatever playskool 'my first ecu' computer that thing came with. Do the gauges and stuff still function normally? Do you have a volts/ohms meter? With the bike running, check the voltage across the battery terminals, should be at least 12 idling, maybe 14 at 5k rpm. If that checks out, your battery is toast. If you don't have the prescribed voltage, either your vrr or your stator is roached.

He's right and welcome to the forum Joe.

Ow-ow-fucking-ow!  I laughed and Captain Morgan came out my nose.   OW!

Welcome to OR, btw.   ow-damnit