Springfield Xds Recall

r1crusher

Just saw this information this morning in an email.  Looks like if you own an XDs in 9mm or 45ACP there's a chance it could slam fire accidentally.

Go to the link below and register and they will take care of everything.

http://www.springfieldrecall.com/

Looks like I'll be sending mine in ASAP.

Edited by r1crusher

Would not worry me in the least bit, no injuries have been reported and has this even occurred? Think about how many XDS have been sold, and of course I am not one to worry about what if's and could be's. Voluntary recall, means they are just covering their ass is all. 

haha, I saw a friend's 1911 45acp go crazy after he worked on the trigger group. That's not a slam fire though, but about the same results. I would only let him load one round at a time till we checked things out. Then loaded two. boomboom Round number two went straight up in the air. If it had been a full magazine, who knows what direction it would have shot.

I was keeping track of where the big thick tree was. I was going to be behind it (and under it).

I had a 9mm slam fire for me once. Not sure why it did that. I'd like to think it was a double tap, but it wasn't. That round went a little high... at the sky.

I would rock a glock, got nothin against em, great pistol. It just doesn't do anything any better than my Taurus pt-111 millennium pro. Before you knock Taurus, I have at least 1000 rds through this piece with zero malfunctions. Its the gun I carry most often.