Miraculous Marquez, The Motogp Man

Helmutt

Can't believe how well Marquez is doing at Silverstone considering his shoulder was dislocated earlier today. Just goes to show that determination and adrenaline, coupled with prescription pain killers are a CAN-DO combination :D

Good racing

The end makes the race. I cheered a little bit on the couch.

I did too. I had a quiet little fit right here in the living room :D I enjoy seeing Jorge getting passed, and love it more when he gets a whoopin. Not sure why I dont like him, he's a damn fine rider.....maybe its his attitude? :dunno:

I did too. I had a quiet little fit right here in the living room :D I enjoy seeing Jorge getting passed, and love it more when he gets a whoopin. Not sure why I dont like him, he's a damn fine rider.....maybe its his attitude? :dunno:

I too wasn't that big a George fan, but after his crash and plated collar bone deal on the SAME WEEKEND and finishing 5th, I had MUCHO respect.  Think Rossi's broken leg, think Pedrosa and George this year and now Marquez and the dislocated shoulder almost winning.  The way that kid rides loose, his shoulder had to be killing him...

Then there is Spies.  Feel kinda bad for the dude, but when these examples come up, I don't have a lot of respect for the guy as a fighter.  Rider?  Sure.  But that's about it...

Marquez is amazing and is showing why every weekend.  He is making MotoGP worth watching again!!

• Upvote 2

i wish stoner was still around so we could see a real battle happen.

also, how can they let them race on prescription pain killers? they say to not even drive a car on them, yet they let them race motogp bikes on them? it makes no sense...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

also, how can they let them race on prescription pain killers? they say to not even drive a car on them, yet they let them race motogp bikes on them? it makes no sense...

I'm guessing they may have checked out his motor skills prior to the race? :dunno:

All the racers have to sign the waiver, so long as he didn't show signs of failing to control the bike I dont see any harm in it. Considering the naturally inherent danger of the sport and all

i would just imagine the possibility of putting other riders at a higher risk wouldn't allow him to race on painkillers. unless it was just an injection, but i couldn't imagine racing one of those bikes sober let alone doped up on vicodin

I hear ya, and it very well could have been a localized pain med injection ( nerve blocker of sorts ) but he still ran the damn wheels off that bike like he always does. I miss Stoner too, that would have made things much more interesting

Sorry did not mean to give neg rep some one please balance this back out! I actually agree about what you said.

I agree about Spies, Brian. I've been following him since his Superstock days over here. I reveled at his success in SBK, WSBK, and his first podium in MotoGP. But, I had higher hopes he'd be contending more for the top 5 after his move to the factory Yamaha. Seemed he fought harder on the Tech3. He definitely doesn't perform well, if at all, when he's not at 100% ( but who ever is? )

Tons of other riders compete well when under huge pressure, major injury, or lackluster equipment.....at this rate, I'd guess another 5 years and Ben will have a microphone and a camera following him around the paddocks :nono:

(Spies) definitely doesn't perform well, if at all, when he's not at 100% ( but who ever is? )  :nono:

uhhmm, how about Marquez?... honestly, i gotta believe the press was sensationalizing the whole "dislocated shoulder" thing for ratings. to fight for the top spot at this level with ANY sort of compromising condition is almost unimaginable.

uhhmm, how about Marquez?... honestly, i gotta believe the press was sensationalizing the whole "dislocated shoulder" thing for ratings. to fight for the top spot at this level with ANY sort of compromising condition is almost unimaginable.

What I meant was who is ever racing at 100% health, at all times. But I agree about the level these guys compete at and still being able to almost pull a W in his condition, makes Marquez more formidable and determined. Lots of these guys have shown warrior-like heart too, and championships can be won having awesome bad days like he had yesterday.