What will your next bike be?

Tpoppa

Goldwing for long rides with wife.

My wife is as exited if not more excited than I am.

I thought they were old retired couples bikes until I followed an 1800 through the twisties in Southern Ohio. They are fast and very capable on the curvy roads. Plus there is music, a place for my beer and my wife can massage my shoulders.

I thought they were old retired couples bikes until I followed an 1800 through the twisties in Southern Ohio. They are fast and very capable on the curvy roads. Plus there is music, a place for my beer and my wife can massage my shoulders.

The wing is definitely sportier than most people think. I test rode one before I bought my C14. I had it up to about 95 mph merging onto a divided highway. I had to slow back down to the 55 mph speed limit. I spent the last 3 miles of the ride trying to reset the maximum speed shown on the bike's GPS system.

This is an open ended and loaded question. I could be all over the spectrum on my next bike so the first couple are the likely suspects,after that it's whatever I stumble onto first:

Gen 1 or gen 2 ZX14

2004-05 or 2012 or newer ZX 10R

And the targets of opportunity:

Muzzy Raptor

1996 ZX7 RR

91-94 ZX7R

93 CBR900RR

RC30

RC45

1986 GSXR750RR (LTD)

1989 GSXR750RR (RK)

1993 YZF 750SP

I'm not really looking right now but if I stumble onto one of these I will try my best to take it home with me.

another vulcan, probably a newer 1600 and turn it into a bagger, bigger tank and extra gears with more range. never hurts. probably going to turn this one into a bagger and a add a tour tank. not looking in the next 3 years though, not till kid #2 can go to public school and we get out from under day care.

I just turned 25 and I already want more of a ST since I live in NEO and I want to join more of the rides down south.

A VFR and my cbr as a dedicated track bike would be ideal although I've considered others that are less sport tour-ish like an SV650.

And yes BAD, your VFR is purdyyy, no monies however.

Edit: I also want a 675, aahhhh!!

Sent from my iPhone.

Edited by TimTheAzn

Probably selling my 2012 Street Triple R for...another 12 Street Triple R I'm fixing up.

I would love to add a supermoto of some kind to the stable. Also thinking a cafe racer is a must at some point. Haven't narrowed the search to exactly which supermoto or cafe though.

Edited by TRMN8TR

Next bike will either be an old piece of shit to commute on and keep miles off the cb (if me and Steph get different shifts and can't carpool anymore), a busa to use as a drag bike, or a 4 stroke dirt bike (when that time comes, I'll decide between 250 and 450...leaning towards 250 but I like the grunt of bigger bikes, but the 250s are more fun to ride anywhere besides a corn field)

C14

Smartest man in the bunch. I have no want or need to be even thinking of a different bike the connie is everything I've ever wanted in a scooter. If I pick up anything it will be a piece of shit to tinker with. Definitely buying another quad next year though.
  • Upvote 2

Probably a Ducati Streetfighter S. Maybe a Monster if they come out with the rumored bigger motor. I'm still years away from getting tired of my current bike so who knows what will be available then. I want to try a Hypermotard out but they are so darn tall.

Mary

Exactly. I've proven my current bike is great for just me, it does everything I want. However, the passenger seat is only good for a few hours, and storage is lacking.

Also, if I want to do a really long trip (alaska) i'd have to change tires. Darkside a wing and that trip can be done on one set. Beats driving a rv.

I can't knock the Goldwing's engineering or abilities, but it's not a bike I could ever consider owning without feeling dirty and hypocritical.

Again, I fully respect and even admire the obstacles overcome for it to be a very good motorcycle, but there are a bunch of things I hate about it...

- price. For what it costs, I could buy a Miata, and put the top up when it rains.

- fuel economy.  Even liter+ sportbikes return mid 30's fuel numbers.  The Goldwing struggles to get there, and offers less performance

- it has a reverse gear... That's just the furthest thing from "motorcycle" in my mind.  I am sure IF I owned one, I would love that feature, but it's just a major sticking point for me.

I realize that some of the gripes above are totally irrational.  I'm not accounting for the love of riding over driving, nor the practicality of the reverse gear, etc.   it's just... too civilized to be a proper motorcycle.  Part of the appeal of bikes is the rawness, and the knowledge that you're going to suffer in one way or another, but that suffering is totally worth it.

The CBR is probably my last 'young guy' bike.  Pretty sure my next bike will be a ST with the focus on 'sport,' or a naked bike with some hard bags.

I am really liking the 2013 Street Triple R & 2014 Ninja 1000.  I think I should test ride a VFR1200 before I cross it off my list.  Also, really hoping for a FJR-09 based on the new 850cc Triple. 

Check the small honda shop on brookpark, think its Sill's? has a left over vfr 1200 or they did a bit back way under msrp. 

As far as my next bike it is going to be a ST as well. Thinking either a connie or maybe a fjr? Or I might build my own out of a fz1 or bandit?

Ducati rumors building a scrambler with either a big single, the hyper 812 or 696 engine...depending where you read and if it has a reasonable seat height and isn't over 12k I will park one next to the bonne.

Nice thread. Very interesting. I've no clue what bike in future. Don't know whether to go lighter or heavier or stay the same. Long range or local tripster? dunno. One of each? Guess I'm still happy with a bike that can do both. Do want a minimum power to weight ratio. I know that a lighter bike isn't necessarily all that comfortable for long range trips, but somehow that's an combination that's always been attractive, even if unobtainable and not practical.

I really was looking forward to the new FZ-09. Was in fact checking one over on Saturday. Don't think it will work for me. It feels really small and don't dig the upright seating position. Just did not excite me as I had hoped. Has less torque than my Hawk as well. Not that I use all that I have now but I would rather not go backwards. HP is about the same.