If you are ever interested in owning an NFA item please read...

kiggy74

It may have been touched upon already on this forum, if so I haven't seen it lately.

BATFE is proposing rules changes which would make transfer/ownership of NFA items nearly impossible.  Basically they are looking to add CLEO sign-off requirements and finger printing and background checks for all NFA Trusts.  If you live in area like I do in which CLEO will not sign off on these things these rule changes will effectively make it impossible for me to own these things unless I move. 

Right now the proposed rule change is in the open comments phase.  Seems to me that 2400 comments isn't nearly enough.  These rules fall under the Dept of Justice, as in the laws already exist and these rules don't require congressional approval.  It falls within the capabilities of the DOJ to change these rules whenever they want. 

Sign this thing and make your voices heard.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/09/09/2013-21661/machine-guns-destructive-devices-and-certain-other-firearms-background-checks-for-responsible#addresses