glock gen 4 rsa question

scottie.harris

It does begin to sound like ammo selection is for a person's technique and grip. Entirely possible. I'm one who never had a problem with the Winchester white box, but repeated problems with most all Remington ammo. Remington is on that Chuck Hawks list and I will try what is recommended.

Maybe why I like revolvers. Never have feed/jam with those. (Not impossible, just not likely.)

Edited by ReconRat

Midgets are genetically prone to have limp wrists which is why MT strengthens his wrists with curling forks loaded with spaghetti.

PS - don't every try to arm wrestle him either.

:D

Edited by r1crusher
  • Upvote 1

Okay, maybe I'm just gullible, but is this "weak grip" thing for real, and if so: why?

Allowing the recoil to move your wrists affects the mechanics of the pistol?   i.e. the weak wrist absorbs to much of the recoil?

No questioning MT, but Winchester White Box has never given me a problem.

That is my ammo of choice for plinking, none of my pistols ever have an issue with it. So is this really a failure to feed or a failure to eject? Sounds to me like an extractor issue or possibly the magazine, limp wristing causing an issue in my opinion should be rare.

Weird, I thought Glocks worked 100% of the time, even if operator error(not hating)......  That's right, there will always be problems with any brand gun, people just get hard ons or vice versa and like to hate.

Hope it gets worked out man. 

You shut your opinionated whore mouth and get back in your box before I call Craig and tell him you got loose again.

• Upvote 1

Well got the problem fixed. Took it to the glock armorer at vances and they said it looked good except it was dry. They asked what lube i used and i said Remoil. They said a few drops of oil is plenty, just not for remoil.

Just ran 60 rounds of wwb thru a little bit ago and not a single malfuntion.

ps. Yes im a noob who learned from the owners manual and youtube. Apparently remoil drys quickly and doesnt have teflon. Sorry for the im a retard thread and thanks for the help

Weird, I use Remmy on all my new stuff as of late and works fine.  I did use Hoppes before that on the AR and all my old pistols, but never heard of any issues with Remoil drying like that.  Maybe you really just put too little on and it wasn't truly the oil.  Not insulting you, just saying.

I use break-free and a mil-spec graphite grease on new stuff. Seems to make them happier.

Friction of the slide on the frame could have caused the malfunctions.

But it generally requires a heat build-up for that to happen.

That's where I use the mil-spec grease, on the rail surfaces.

Probably totally un-necessary, any lube "should" work.

• Upvote 1

Well got the problem fixed. Took it to the glock armorer at vances and they said it looked good except it was dry. They asked what lube i used and i said Remoil. They said a few drops of oil is plenty, just not for remoil.

Just ran 60 rounds of wwb thru a little bit ago and not a single malfuntion.

ps. Yes im a noob who learned from the owners manual and youtube. Apparently remoil drys quickly and doesnt have teflon. Sorry for the im a retard thread and thanks for the help

We were all noobs once, don't sweat it. Glocks typically need little to nothing in terms of oil or lube on the rails, but I like to use a tiny amount of synthetic rail grease on all of my pistols. They cycle great and are so buttery smooth, and the rails are still lubed even after a shit ton of rounds fired. I would not take much advice from Vances, they are all about selling guns......does not necessarily mean they know what they are talking about. ;)  But hey it is working now, even a light film of motoroil makes fabulous lube for the rails and slide. Glad it is working for you!!!

Just looked something up. CLP from SafariLand no longer has teflon in it. The NATO and mil-spec are no longer displayed. I'll have to dig out both some old and new and check to see.

Current suppliers of mil-spec (maybe):

G96 Synthetic CLP

Mpro7 LPX

Slip 2000

Weaponshield CLP

edit: apparently Mobil 1 5-20w works about as good.

Rust test article:

http://www.thegunzone.com/rust.html

edit: hrmm, just read that graphite grease can corrode aluminum. Guess I'll stop doing that. I think I've only used it on steel parts. I'll have to check and see if what I'm using actually has graphite in it.

Edited by ReconRat

Yeah I saw that, still great stuff that I am fond of. I use the Shooters Choice high temp synthetic grease for my rails, my AR loves it on all the moving parts and bolt too. :)

Edited by Pokey

Dry? That's absurd. As I only clean Glocks MAYBE once a year I'm gonna call BS on too dry or lack of Teflon. I low for a fact I've run at least 2500 rounds between Sandy Hook and now with maybe 2 FTF of Blazer brass. That said Glad it worked out for you. WWB on the other hand has always given me fits.

Recon. Per my experience.

CorBons and Golden Sabers cycle just fine in G4 19s.

As do Federal HSPs and civil Defense 50gr.

Edited by jagr