Sako TRG-22 .308 - SOLD

kiggy74

Selling my Sako TRG-22 in the rare dark earth color. The Sako TRG platform is considered one of the greatest values in long range precision rifles as comparible accuracy typically only comes with hand built rifles costing thousands more. Also very lefty friendly due to the stock and trigger design.

This rifle is .308 caliber with a 26" bbl. Only 853 rounds fired out of this rifle, it's got lots of life left in it and shoots like a champ. Easily a 3/4 MOA gun, and with a better shooter I'm sure it could produce 1/2 MOA results. Includes one 10rd magazine, a 6" Harris Bipod, and what appears to be a Vector Options dovetail to Picatinny scope base (this base came with the rifle and I never used it as I already had one of my own).  Also comes with the factory box, manual, and lock

Muzzle was rethreaded and recrowned by Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs. Rethreading was to convert from factory M18 x 1.0 RH pitch to 5/8 x 24 RH to provide compatibility with a broader variety of muzzle devices. A custom thread protector is also included.

Asking $2500

Prefer FTF in Ohio but can ship to a FFL at buyer's expense if needed.  Only trades I would consider would be lefty bullpups (AUG, MSAR, Tavor)

PM if interested or email me using my OR handle @yahoo.com.

11907654315_ae51603153_c.jpg

11907928713_89f15a9a08_c.jpg

11908089894_bbaec8eda2_c.jpg

11908088064_bfe6cb197d_c.jpg

11907636925_a3cfaa19f0_c.jpg

11907912003_ac5999e347_c.jpg

Edited by kiggy74

Sako's are great rifles and if Mark had this in his shop I guarantee he gave it a good once over. 

FYI Kiggy, If you are looking for a bullpup, I'd suggest you wait until after this week as this week is SHOT show where all the new stuff gets released. Desert Tech (Formally DTA i.e Desert Tactical Arms - Just a name change) is releasing there new semi auto bullpup the MDR which will aslo be a quick caliber change system. 

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Desert-Tech-MDR-rifle.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on the Desert Tech. Problem with Desert Tech/DTA is that they never made any lefty friendly bolts and their righty bolts are damned expensive.  Not expecting much in the way of an affordable lefty friendly semi-auto from these guys.  I don't need the bullpup to be precision gun either, they're just cool.... an easier alternative to an SBR.

By the way, the reason I'm selling this Sako is because I recently acquired a TRG-42 in 300 WM. It too will be making a visit to Mark's shop here shortly for the same muzzle treatment.

Edited by kiggy74

• 1 month later...