Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Lyns has to do her Heart Rate Field Test on Saturday. I'm combing the life insurance policy to make sure it covers stress-induced explosions of the cardiovascular system. 

I'll probably eat a BigMac while I watch. 

Make sure to breath heavily through your mouth while eating it. 

As for me, work travel last week effed me a bit, though I did gain some muscle back from loading/unloading a tractor trailer full of our gear and setting it up/tearing it down. Still have the time to hit my goal by June though. If I'm at 270/280 by May I'll be happy. The Schwinn is going to the shop this weekend to get fixed up so I can start riding.

Also, I'm moving in the middle of March (will finally have a garage!) and I was excited to see a large gym right across the street that I get a free membership to through work. Hurray. 

Edited by what

• 2 weeks later...

185 bpm is a lot...  

i doubt I surpass 180 for even 30 seconds at a time. 

I'm consistently under 170 lately. Riding 30-50 miles/week. Mostly on a spin bike though. 

Strava is fun. Comparing fat bike times in Feb to other people's road bike times from last summer is not. 

3 hours ago, redkow97 said:

185 bpm is a lot...  

i doubt I surpass 180 for even 30 seconds at a time. 

I'm consistently under 170 lately. Riding 30-50 miles/week. Mostly on a spin bike though. 

Strava is fun. Comparing fat bike times in Feb to other people's road bike times from last summer is not. 

Yea, Paul and I did a ride in complete shit weather and the strava time was horrible. Like 45min vs 14min for the fastest.

On 2/11/2017 at 0:42 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Also...

IMG_5524.JPG

That's me tonight, only less xxxxxl pizza + soda and more medium pizza + sparkling water. 

Going to gym tomorrow to get training schedule worked out for the next few months. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I just committed myself and @blue03636 to the big skyway ride in June. Don't tell him though. He thinks I'm taking him on some kind of ice cream social ride. Plus it's too late to back out now. I already chopped my steerer and slammed the stem on my Trek. It's officially in "mid-life crisis" mode. I hope this nonsensical training program keeps me from doing something stupid this year.

Oh, wait... 

??

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

^^^^ Super job guys. Congratulations to the both of you. Just awesome. 

Thanks Jerry we both have about 20 lbs to go to meet our initial goals but we are getting there. Total weight lost between the two of us is 180lbs. (115 her &65 me)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

The single best thing about Lyns and me losing weight and getting fit has to be the sex. The fuck truck rolls hard into pound town these days..and more often. 

I need more Redbull. 

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! Me and the Mrs. have always had a pretty healthy sex life. But this last 6 or 8 months have been absolutely incredible!!!! We are like teenagers again and can't get enough of each other. :banana: 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

After being on vacation traveling extensively for 3 weeks, I came home to find I didn't gain a pound! My sleep is all messed up though and I'm not feeling the energy to get to the gym. :(

I bet diving burns a lot of calories hence

why you were able to maintain. :)  My

vacation included buffets and laying by

the pool and beach. :(

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, ScubaCinci said:

You'd think so but you don't "swim" as much as you think when diving...more floating underwater. However, we are in the water enought to impact body temp so your metabolism does kick up a bit to maintain normal body temp.

My wife is always "cold," maybe that's why she stays thin

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going nowhere, weight still hovering. Sticking with the diet for the most part but haven't worked out much at all. Ive lost motivation, and I think it's because I no longer dislike where I am. Before I was a fat slob and that's how I thought of myself and wanted to change it. Now I think I look pretty good and feel so much better so I no longer have the motivation to push hard. I do still want to lose about 20 more lbs but need to find the new push mentally to do it. Could also be cabin fever from the time of year too. I'm ready to do some hiking and biking.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I'm going nowhere, weight still hovering. Sticking with the diet for the most part but haven't worked out much at all. Ive lost motivation, and I think it's because I no longer dislike where I am. Before I was a fat slob and that's how I thought of myself and wanted to change it. Now I think I look pretty good and feel so much better so I no longer have the motivation to push hard. I do still want to lose about 20 more lbs but need to find the new push mentally to do it. Could also be cabin fever from the time of year too. I'm ready to do some hiking and biking.

You may have to shock your system for a week to get off the plateau. I ran into a few of those while losing the initial 100lbs. I would have to cut calorie intake to about 1000/day for 4-5 days before I would see any change on the scale; then I would drop 10lbs or so really quickly afterwards. 

I haven't seen much on the scale change lately, but I can tell a size difference. Arms and legs definitely are more toned and my waist keeps getting smaller. I've done more weight training in the last couple weeks than I ever have. My treadmill running progress is getting better as well. The thing still kicks my ass every time though.

• Upvote 1

I haven't gained/lost since vacation and right now I'm just trying to maintain. When the weather finally breaks for good, I'll be back to walking again, etc and will start to focus on losing some more weight. I just feel like I need to let my body acclimate a bit here first. Losing over 100lbs is a big change.

• Casper unpinned this topic