Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

I do the stronglift 5x5. It's a good starter program. Squats, deadlift, bench, overhead press and barbell rows.

I know its just an excuse but i don't have time to life 4-5 days a week. Right now i bowl on mondays and leave after work on fridays to go snowboarding for the weekend. And once summer rolls around, usually doing housework and car stuff.

But i don't really care about becoming huge, just would like to add some mass.

Give All Pros beginner workout a try. It's slower progression and the general consensus is that it's more for overall balanced gains versus a 5x5 program which is for strength. Plus it's only 3 days a week with cardio on off days.

Give All Pros beginner workout a try. It's slower progression and the general consensus is that it's more for overall balanced gains versus a 5x5 program which is for strength. Plus it's only 3 days a week with cardio on off days.

Thanks, I'll take a look into it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, what said:

Down another 20lbs since Jan 17th. Should be down another 20 by late May if I keep this pace, will put me at around 140lbs total loss. 

Nice job. The thinner you get the tougher it is to drop more weight. The real trick is keeping it off ;)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Nice job. The thinner you get the tougher it is to drop more weight. The real trick is keeping it off ;)

You got that right.  Late 90s I dropped over 120 pounds over the course of a year, and I spent the last 16 years putting 90 of it back on.   My weight can fluctuate as much as 10 pounds in just 3-4 days.  Also seems the older you get, the harder it is to cut as well

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

This.  That's a huge loss.  @what how long have you been at it?

About 2 years now. I decided to ease into a lifestyle change rather than crash diet. Slow but steady... seems to be working.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, what said:

About 2 years now. I decided to ease into a lifestyle change rather than crash diet. Slow but steady... seems to be working.

That's how it should be done.  I went at myself hardcore way back when, using my own self loathing as my primary motivator.  It worked, but I didn't stick, so it's slowly finding it's way back.  Holiday time is my kryptonite.  Always put on an easy 20-30 pounds from Nov-New Years, then I spend twice that time taking most of it back off.  

• Upvote 1