Weight loss/ lifting/ dieting thread

rawlins87

1 hour ago, blue03636 said:

Man, I don't know how you guys eat so few calories. My breakfast alone is about 7-800 calories of all carbs (fruit).

Not too hard actually. Example, my meal plan today (yes, I weigh my food):

Breakfast sandwhich at work which is an egg, turkey sausage on a whole wheat muffin. - 230 calories

Lunch - Romaine and Kale chicken ceasar salad with apple at Panera - 610 calories

Snack - almonds (28g) - 180 calories, Danon lit & fit yogurt 70 calories

Dinner - 8oz tuna steak grilled (360), 300g baked potato plain (220), baby carrots (35)

Total = 1705

Gives me some wiggle room so maybe I'll add some butter to my potato or eat some extra almonds. That's a pretty filling menu for the day. The key is to eat a lot of protein and fiber which keep you full longer.

@2talltim I eat the fiber gummies too :)

1 minute ago, 2talltim said:

I am be back down to 48 work weeks and fall activities have come to a end for the kids. So it's game on now.

This is the time of year all I do is work and work out because all of my fun activities have ceased. Plus, I gotta pay for the summer activities some how. Also gotta stay in shape for riding.

Edited by TimTheAzn

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

Not too hard actually. Example, my meal plan today (yes, I weigh my food):

Breakfast sandwhich at work which is an egg, turkey sausage on a whole wheat muffin. - 230 calories

Lunch - Romaine and Kale chicken ceasar salad with apple at Panera - 610 calories

Snack - almonds (28g) - 180 calories, Danon lit & fit yogurt 70 calories

Dinner - 8oz tuna steak grilled (360), 300g baked potato plain (220), baby carrots (35)

Total = 1705

Gives me some wiggle room so maybe I'll add some butter to my potato or eat some extra almonds. That's a pretty filling menu for the day. The key is to eat a lot of protein and fiber which keep you full longer.

@2talltim I eat the fiber gummies too :)

Whatever works for you I guess.

1 hour ago, blue03636 said:

Whatever works for you I guess.

That's exactly right...everyone has to find what works for them.

Oh, I forgot...ya gotta lay off the sauce too. :lol:

I'm not a big drinker so that's easy for me.

Edited by ScubaCinci

Relevant...

http://gizmodo.com/scientists-discover-why-diet-coke-is-probably-undermini-1789292082

Richard Hodin, a surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital and the study’s senior author, explained, “Sugar substitutes like aspartame are designed to promote weight loss and decrease the incidence of metabolic syndrome, but a number of clinical and epidemiologic studies have suggested that these products don’t work very well and may actually make things worse.”

Dr. Hodin and his team found that the artificial sweetener inhibits intestinal alkaline phosphatase (IAP), which is a gut enzyme that researchers believe prevents obesity. So even though there’s no sugar in your diet beverage, it might not aid you in your weight loss journey.

Still better than drinks with sugar IMO...I try to drink water or unsweetened tea most of the time though I do drink Coke Zero here and there. This article specifically calls out aspartame, not sure how the other artificial sweeteners compare.

If you are curious what your favorite diet soda is sweetened with (not a comprehensive list)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_drink

Made some progress this weekend. I did ok over Thanksgiving day, just didn't go crazy on dessert. I can finally run on the elliptical for 30 minutes at a 6mph pace without stopping. Today was my first day doing any weight training. I don't know if i will be able to lift my arms tomorrow. :) Our local nutrition store had a black Friday event and gave away a bunch of stuff, so I got a bunch of samples and a couple shaker bottles.

20161125_153720[1].jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanksgiving wasn't too bad for me...I'm a picky eater so I end up just eating turkey and mashed potatoes. I got more but by appetizers. Still, down 95lbs since Feb now. Still want another 20-30 (which will get me to 230 or so) before I go into maintenance and let my body adjust to being that weight - everyone's body has a "set point" where it likes to be. It's very hard to change it. Given my size and build, I'd be pretty ripped if I got to 200 but I don't need to push it that hard. I'm not looking to have a 6-pack and all that. 

• Upvote 1

Hitting it real hard this week not being on overtime. Not going to weigh myself till Monday morning but I was 244 this Monday morning. Calories at a minimum and a hour of cardio every evening and throwing some weights around every other day. Back on OT next week so I need this week as a kick start.

• Upvote 2

I am still going strong at meal prepping for work each day and trying to get 5 exercise sessions a week in. The MyFitnessPal app has really helped me realize how bad I was eating before. I log everything I eat, just to hold myself accountable. My goal is to be at 250 by 1st of the year, so more gym/cardio it is.

Fat kid check in time.  I started at 224 and weighed in at 214 this morning.  I need to ramp up my activity.  I was walking every evening but took a break and then never started back up.

Edited by Wojo72
Grammar

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Pretty sad when im so dedicated that I have major guilt from a half a PB samich I ate the night before :lol:

It's bad if you dream about it. Sometimes I dream I'm going to eat something not diet friendly and in the dream I'll be like, whoa - I can't eat that! :nono:

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

It's bad if you dream about it. Sometimes I dream I'm going to eat something not diet friendly and in the dream I'll be like, whoa - I can't eat that! :nono:

I sometimes talk in my sleep, I think it's dream related. And my wife said I have mentioned Carbs before in my sleep. :lol: 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

I just back from a business trip in Boston...I was able to eat well and get to the gym every day I was there. The last day, the diet took a hit because I was limited to what I could choose from but overall it didn't sidetrack me. 

It'd be much easier if I was in the States and in the same time zone these entire two weeks, but this type of trip you tend to eat when you can and what you feel is safe.  Fruit and raw veggies aren't an option. 

I know loosing 4.5lbs in one week is a tall order but I missed it by .9 lb. :( Kinda disappointed in myself. maybe I should have skipped the carb plater at the waffle house Saturday night.

20161205_062706.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1