shopping for a new bike.

Jhaynes08

So, there were three bikes i was looking at. An 04 r6 with around 4k on the clock. That sold today. The guy with the CBR is just not getting back to me nor are they putting any effort to setting anything up. So i will probably be buying the ZX6R on Friday. Lets hope all goes well and i can score it for a decent price.  Thanks for the input on this thread guys, i appreciate it. 

i was just looking at the 636 again, the slip on is a hack job, and it was dropped with a dinged lever and bar end plus a small crack in the body work. but the guy is asking $4500 for the 636 compared to $4000 for the cbr.

Holy crap! I just caught on that the 636 is an 03. That's way overpriced in my mind. I paid 4200 for my 05 back in 09.

Holy crap! I just caught on that the 636 is an 03. That's way overpriced in my mind. I paid 4200 for my 05 back in 09.

Couldn't agree more. My 05 was 3700 in 2010 with super low miles and just needed the rear brake lever replaced otherwise pretty mint

I ride my friends 636 alot, it had the notorious shift fork issue which was not cheap to get fixed. Other than that he has had the front master cylinder go bad and it is now leaking oil but I think something just rattled loose at a track day and neither of us has cared to look at it yet. It has 15k on it and is in really good shape.

Its fast in a straight line, but to me it doesnt handle as well as my CBR. Also seemed to get alot of vibrations through the grips.

So i bought the ZX6r, the other deals fell through and i know i over paid but im happy with what i bought. Im already saving up incase the transmission isse does come up. It's much better than the SV in the performance area, but the comfort area sucks. Good thing ive been doing kick boxing and have decently strong legs and core so i don't kill my wrists.