Home audio question

Bad324

What I'm trying to accomplish is getting my Onkyo receiver to play the audio from the pc input while having the video from cable input display on the TV. I did this at my old place on my other Onkyo but having a real brain fart how to do it again

Right now I have my Apple TV connected via hdmi to the receiver then via hdmi to the TV. The cable box is the same way. so when I change the input on the receiver it to PC it goes video and audio from the Apple TV. Again same for cable

Is there a setting in the receiver I can change or wire it differently or whatever it may be to remedy my situation

Just run audio cable from TV to receiver instead of hdmi... Then you can have TV playing and do whatever with pc... I have my cable going into TV, audio out from TV to receiver with optical cable, then I run my computer into receiver if I want music.. Keeps TV picture separate from receiver

Bypass the video switcher on the receiver, select whatever audio source you want...

That's my last resort right now. The wife can barely handle getting the settings right now, she'll never figure it out then :lol:

Depending on your model, you can select the audio and video source per receiver setting through the setup menu. I know on my onkyo (about 6 yrs old now) I can select the video source and audio sources separately for the PC/DVD/etc settings.