unOFFICIAL FALL Epic Ride - Saturday September 27

DerekClouser

Yeah for sure, on the spring ride there was basically a group of mostly cruisers. Great ride for anyone on any bike.

Thank you!

This was a question for someone I might invite...

I was at the spring ride, but I wanted to be absolutely sure, before I let them know about the ride.

Thank you!

This was a question for someone I might invite...

I was at the spring ride, but I wanted to be absolutely sure, before I let them know about the ride.

Honestly they seemed to have the most fun with good breaks, chit chat, in between and ice creams stop at the end.

Honestly they seemed to have the most fun with good breaks, chit chat, in between and ice creams stop at the end.

I wonder....

If the "Slow" group fills up more, we'll need to have 2 of them to keep them to the right size.  I wonder if we could split them up into the "cruiser" group and then a clinic for "slower" riders... it could be faster than cruiser, but maybe have a couple more experienced riders who could sort of mentor the riders in the "slow" group who're interested in developing better riding skills.

Just brainstorming... I could use a clinic and a free mentor, but good breaks, chit chat, and ice cream stops sounds like far more fun :)

I wonder....

If the "Slow" group fills up more, we'll need to have 2 of them to keep them to the right size. I wonder if we could split them up into the "cruiser" group and then a clinic for "slower" riders... it could be faster than cruiser, but maybe have a couple more experienced riders who could sort of mentor the riders in the "slow" group who're interested in developing better riding skills.

Just brainstorming... I could use a clinic and a free mentor, but good breaks, chit chat, and ice cream stops sounds like far more fun :)

Makes sense to me.

With only ~1,000 miles on this year, 500 of them being the Spring Epic Ride, I won't be in any shape to be hauling ass. I'll probably find a medium group to roll in. I may be able to sweep a group, too. Just depends on how the cobwebs are doing by the time I get to Logan.

What are you planning on riding down?

Sent from my iPhone.

Hello all!  Getting excited for all of you attending the first fall Epic ride.  The weather looks flawless and usually is the last week of September.  I wish I was on two wheels, but I promised my wife that I would take the rest of the riding season off to heal.  After 8 weeks my back is still swelled up.  Other than that I am doing well.  The good news is I found a slightly used flawless 2004 all OEM FZ1 Skunk (Black & Silver 2 Tone) to replace my torn up ride.  Had to drive to Evansville Indiana to get her.  Already made all the necessary mods and I am pumped to ride next season.  I am still planning to come to the meet site with my boys, so we can check out all your rides, chat, and then will probably head over to old mans cave to look for crawdads.  Everyone be safe getting to the meet site.  I am looking forward to seeing you all again.

• Upvote 1

Hello all!  Getting excited for all of you attending the first fall Epic ride.  The weather looks flawless and usually is the last week of September.  I wish I was on two wheels, but I promised my wife that I would take the rest of the riding season off to heal.  After 8 weeks my back is still swelled up.  Other than that I am doing well.  The good news is I found a slightly used flawless 2004 all OEM FZ1 Skunk (Black & Silver 2 Tone) to replace my torn up ride.  Had to drive to Evansville Indiana to get her.  Already made all the necessary mods and I am pumped to ride next season.  I am still planning to come to the meet site with my boys, so we can check out all your rides, chat, and then will probably head over to old mans cave to look for crawdads.  Everyone be safe getting to the meet site.  I am looking forward to seeing you all again.

Good to hear you've got a replacement ride, now just to finish healing up and you're all set for next year. See ya Saturday

Tracy, if you're from up north, too, maybe we can ride down together. As for skipping the ride, I wouldn't mind doing at least some of it with the group, but I AM in favor of a longer lunch hour & more relaxing :)

yeah, yeah, social rider & all that :)

This may be the play. I'm stressed about how I am going to feel by the time I get down there let alone coming back after the ride.... The daytona is not as comfy as my old cbr, and I was hurting on my cbr the last core-length ride I went on.

Sent from my iPhone.