POSTPONED TO RAINDATE!!! unOFFICIAL FALL 2016 EPIC RIDE - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2016

DerekClouser

Group You'd like to Ride in  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Please select the group you want to ride in

• Fast
    • MED-Fast
    • MED
    • MED-Slow
    • Slow
    • I'd LEAD the group I selected
    • I'd SWEEP the group I selected
    • Tonik's Hate Group

Finally made it home.  460 miles in total.   

Thank you to everyone who came.  Hopefully you all had as much of a blast as I did. 

As always, thank you to everyone who helped this go as smooth as it does.  

Nivin, 

As always, you never disappoint with your assistance with video/pictures.  You make the memories for all of us to enjoy.  I know I try to get as much video and pictures as I can, but you literally forfeit your chance to ride the route to sit at a corner and twiddle your thumbs for that one instance where you get to shoot video through the corners.  Only to have to go home and work 22 days in a row to do it.  I literally can't thank you enough for all that you do. 

Hellmutt/Snot

Again, you lead a perfectly paced medium group.  From the sounds of it, you didn't make too many wrong turns this time :lol:  
Always encouraging to know that you two are always willing to make your schedule fit to this event so you can help lead that group and organizing the pre-meet to bring all the SW Ohio people in.  

Sounds like you guys were all stars in handling that downed rider that had nothing to do with OR.  I still don't understand why their own guys weren't helping at least guide traffic.  You guys were on the binders in that corner trying to avoid them.  Kudos to your group for not crashing there as well.  

Tim

Thank you for showing us how to travel in style with your new trailer/truck method.  You missed out on some killer action coming home.  

Med-Fast Group

Great job everyone.  Felt like we had about 11 bikes going, then the gas stop and we finished with 5. (After picking another rider up from the med group).  Had a lot of guys peel off for various reasons.   You all made great passes when you could and we didn't have any issues.  To me, that's a win in itself. 

The best part of this ride is the fact that I get meet a lot of new faces and reconnect with a lot of familiar ones.  It means a lot to see the same faces return year after year.  That must mean it's worth going to.  Even the guy who I yelled at for wheelies last time came up to me at the gas stop and was like "I just wanted to tell you that I haven't done any wheelies this time". :banana: 

Unfortunately now we have to wait for the dreaded winter to finalize before we get to do it again, but I know there's still a bit of riding left to do this year.  Hopefully I can join you guys again.  

I will be posting a videos/pictures thread in this sub-forum for you to post pictures/videos in.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, o-no-moto said:

Soon as i can get @TheBrown57 to show me how to upload video. I have footage of us going into that turn and all of us taking evasive maneuvers.

Show you?  What format does your cam record in?  MP4?  If I can upload video, anyone can man LOL

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

He was pretty much alone when he went by, unless he was slow and catching up to rest of the group. There were like 3 different groups others than us that went though that corner. Guessing the guys just stopped to help as well? Or they knew him?

He said he was with a group of 7 or 8. One finally came down to where he was. When I asked if he knew him he said yes. I asked if he could call they guys wife (he had a ring on), and I got a blank stare. 

5 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

There were 3 other guys riding with him, knew his name, and 2 were standing there while the 3rd was turning around up ahead.  I think they had pulled away from him and he was trying to catch back up to them

I can tell you what happened.  We came up to the intersection.  They were to our right and going straight, we were turning left.  2 of the 4 guys went before we got there but the other 2 couldn't because we turned left so they got separated between us.  We ended up passing the first 2 but I think the first two were trying to push to keep us from getting around.  They didn't have near the pace, but they were giving it a solid effort.  We eventually passed, but I'm assuming the other 2 tried catching up to the first 2 when this happened.   Probably why it happened as you guys came through. 

7 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I can tell you what happened.  We came up to the intersection.  They were to our right and going straight, we were turning left.  2 of the 4 guys went before we got there but the other 2 couldn't because we turned left so they got separated between us.  We ended up passing the first 2 but I think the first two were trying to push to keep us from getting around.  They didn't have near the pace, but they were giving it a solid effort.  We eventually passed, but I'm assuming the other 2 tried catching up to the first 2 when this happened.   Probably why it happened as you guys came through. 

Sounds like all 4 were riding above their skillset, but the Thruxy rider was way out of his element for sure.

49 minutes ago, snot said:

@TheBrown57

Thank you so very much for riding with us. It was great to see you and I really appreciated everything you did. It made me feel a little safer too.

I'll definitely make it out to the next group rides and do the same until I get a bike! Next time I'll bring the cable extension so I can mount the Go Pro on the front of my car like I wanted for some better footage. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks to guys planning this  i'm bad with names & Dome of hate Thanks for leading sucks that broke off  rout to go mow some grass but after I chopped it I rode 83 from Beverly to 78 to 7 to 148 to 800  all the way north Home after five tankful's 

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheBrown57 said:

I'll definitely make it out to the next group rides and do the same until I get a bike! Next time I'll bring the cable extension so I can mount the Go Pro on the front of my car like I wanted for some better footage. 

I have a Go pro and could put it in the front of the bike. If you have a card I can put in it I could just give it back after the ride.

• Upvote 1

Well another Epic ride in the books.  400 mi and home safe.  Awesome time as always and perfect weather to go with it!  Great to see everyone and can't wait to do it again!  Looking forward to that video footage from @NinjaDoc.  Great to see you again Nivin as always.

• Upvote 1

Home safe and settled down, it was so nice to see you all again. All the familiar faces and some new ones. Beautiful weather was a special treat. Newly paved roads very less traffic.

@DerekClouser as always thx for organizing this every year. NE section always consistent you whaler and wolfman. Punk needs a second gear. And there was no super fast group as no core guys. :(  Hellmutt snot and also dubie and onomoto for being corner stone of this from the SW region. Similar now we have a south central  region also being consistent with shoop and justin. Nice to see you all again and again. from central i think only strictly street is there consistently. Miss the other freq flyers from central like fizzer, mykill fijibrother, wonder were they are nowadays. Special props to tonic who consistently brings the best donuts and leads the hate train. And also for giving me a tag along for the super slab home which cut down my commute time a lot on the way home. Brown always comes out even if not riding, and this time sweeped which was nice. A professional club feel with four wheelers playing sweep  :D And Dave scorpion ninja for making the ultimate trek all the way from Michigan.  Max power did a 10 anniversary ride :) and finally met malbroman who wouldnt not look at the camera. Tim even if we all make fun of you, i should say i was jealous and wish i had a trailer by the end of the loop. I was running late and had to slab back. There is no point or justification in traveling on a motorcycle in a freeway back home when u can easily do it on a truck.

Anyways, derek even if i didnt ride the whole route all the short cuts i took were some awesome road and i was pulling a mach retard as much as the strom would allow to get ahead. But the waiting was painful, mainly because i was not even sure if you guys passed the spot or not. Finally needed a bathroom break and trekked back to the gas station after taking pics of the fast group and before i could go saw medium group getting ready and off i went again :D But it was fun in a way to ride like that with a purpose. If i had not made that wrong turn could have got some more nice footage. Sorry to trying to jump in without warning and filter through you guys, normally i would never do it, but to get some video i can be that asshat guy :D

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 2

No worries @NinjaDoc jumping into our group on 669 and leapfrogging through.  As soon as you got to us, my wife tipped me off via sena.  So I slowed us up a bit so you could work your way past us.  Still feel horrible about when you asked me if we were taking 93S, and I said yes, then you took off before it hit me to mention that we just jog down 1/2 mile to Tunnel Hill Rd.  Sorry you sat and waited further down 93S for nothing.  Was still great seeing you again, and you're photog/vids are always a key element to memorializing these awesome rides.  You must be a proud Daddy seeing your idea continue to flourish through Derek year after year.  And as always, huge thanks to @DerekClouser for all the prep work.  You're an awesome host.

Sounds like everyone had a great day. Thought about trying to make it down but it was a long week and Saturday was an even longer day. Got up at 2am, worked 12 hours then had family plans in the evening that didn't get me back home till a little after 1am. So I was dog ass tired and needed to get caught up some much need sleep and house/yard work. Maybe one of these days ill make it to one of these. Glad it was a good turn out and the OR folks stayed safe.

9 hours ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Well, finally got home @ about 12:05am! I'm tired and sore. Logged 783.8 miles today! Bikes almost got 41k now!

Man I had an awesome day. Thanks to everyone for putting together this ride and making a great day of riding, stories, jokes, etc!

Thanks, lets do it again! (give me 1 day to recover at least) :D

Great to see you again Dave, glad you got home safe!

I've got some great footage on the go pro but as always I have no idea how to upload and post.....im an idiot when it comes to technology. Yeah I'm the guy that has a box full of sd cards...and when one fills up i just go buy another one.hopefully some day I can get a 30min lesson in editing this stuff and posting it. I even downloaded the go pro editor on the computer and can't do shit w it....sry fellas

Thanks Derek and Ninjadoc for all ur efforts. Can't wait to see the video of that corner :D..... hellmut and snot, great seeing u all again too!!!! I plan on riding that rout a cpl more times this year b4 it's time to hibernate...if anyone is free on a weekend look me up..u all b safe  hope to c ya soon

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, DUBIE said:

Thanks Derek and Ninjadoc for all ur efforts. Can't wait to see the video of that corner :D..... hellmut and snot, great seeing u all again too!!!! I plan on riding that rout a cpl more times this year b4 it's time to hibernate...if anyone is free on a weekend look me up..u all b safe  hope to c ya soon

dubie u gonna kill me when i say i didnt get the camera set up right when u guys came through, i just reached that spot and was putting new batteries and stuff in a hurry when u guys came by, it was too soon and i couldnt get it right :(

Edited by NinjaDoc
  • Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic