What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a couple weeks ago but - ordered new triple tree and head bearings because the forks are about 5 degrees off-center and nothing seems to fix the issue... thinking bent lower triple clamp and head bearings are shot.

here's the cause... wide angle lens makes it look like I've got lots of room, but our elbows were pretty much touching through that left-hander 😅

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, what said:

Was a couple weeks ago but - ordered new triple tree and head bearings because the forks are about 5 degrees off-center and nothing seems to fix the issue... thinking bent lower triple clamp and head bearings are shot.

here's the cause... wide angle lens makes it look like I've got lots of room, but our elbows were pretty much touching through that left-hander 😅

Ouch

Spent a few hours stripping the crashed bike.  There was some serious carnage inflicted.  PO was lucky to survive.

Damn, was it ever hard to pull that bent front axle out!  

Thought I was going to have a nearly new Angel front tire but it beat up pretty bad.  Would you ride on it?  It still holds air and the rim is OK.

Good news - the shock is just like my Hayabusa shock but it's been fully RaceTech'd.  I thought I'd have to swap the spring but the PO had an identical 800lb Eibach!

717641376_2021-06-1217_44_14.jpg.22b10cb225888ba2a176f841ac09ccd1.jpg

2021-06-12 17.45.08.jpg

2021-06-12 17.44.45.jpg

2021-06-12 17.45.41.jpg

2021-06-12 17.46.13.jpg

• Upvote 1

what's the date code? a little hard to see what the damage is. does it resist pressing in less in those spots than unmarked places? you could puncture it all the way through and do a vulcanizing patch/plug to fill more of the divot.

Edited by motocat12

On 6/12/2021 at 6:31 PM, motocat12 said:

what's the date code? a little hard to see what the damage is. does it resist pressing in less in those spots than unmarked places? you could puncture it all the way through and do a vulcanizing patch/plug to fill more of the divot.

It was nearly new when the PO crashed it this spring.  I'll check the code and then I'll dismount it to look inside.  Maybe I'll keep it to use in a pinch.  The rear is perfect.

New triple tree + steering head bearings installed on the grom, no more 5 degree tilt to the front wheel. Old lower triple was indeed bent from that crash. Glad All Balls made bearings for the grom, feels much more solid than stock.