What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Helped my brother in-law with his SV650 today. Installed new tires, new valve stem in the rear tire, new front brake pads, adjusted the clutch, threaded an over sized bolt for his seat that had stripped out threads, new chain and sprockets. Not a terrible way to spend a few hours in the garage. 

• Upvote 2

Rode to a meetup in Mt Morris PA, then rode to lunch (pictured), followed by an unplanned battery transplant at my last fuel stop.  Replacement was not exactly OEM spec, but it fit in the battery space, started the bike and I got home the same day.

PXL_20220813_183309571.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Grokked said:

Rode to a meetup in Mt Morris PA, then rode to lunch (pictured), followed by an unplanned battery transplant at my last fuel stop.  Replacement was not exactly OEM spec, but it fit in the battery space, started the bike and I got home the same day.

PXL_20220813_183309571.jpg

The new electronics packages are nice, but in situations like this, I miss being able to bump start my motorcycle. 

Finally made a little progress today.  Got the throttle cables connected, the clutch slave cylinder bracket installed, and the shifter reconnected.  I put the battery on the charger so it'll be ready when it's time to start it up.  Im probably only a few days away from riding again. It'll be the first time since last fall when I started the engine swap project.

20220821_165039.jpg

20220821_151206.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...