What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

15 minutes ago, durk said:

Is this a 2 person job? I’m thinking you need one person to lean it up in another person to be looking at what’s going to drag first. I’m not 100% on how you’re doing this.

One person job. On the side stand you lay the 4x8 on the right side of the bike flat on the ground. Edge of the 4x8 touching the tires.

Standing on the side of the 4x8 that is away from the bike... Kind of even with the seat. So the 4x8 is on the ground between you and the bike. Grab that long edge and lean it up leaving the edge that is against the tires on the ground.

Think of the 4x8 as the road. Instead of the bike leaning towards the road you are tilting the road up to the bike.

You can easily see what is hitting.

• Upvote 2

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gpaw said:

I'm going to ride your favorite route Durk

Jealous. I’ve been too busy to break away for a full day. Hopefully soon. Have fun buddy. Keep the rubber side down. 

Took the Wing for a 20 mile ride. New windshield is perfection and I like the vent option a lot. New LEDs make it look like Jim's bike, only cooler. 

Fork seals, bushings, etc arrived while I was in OKC last week. I just need to spend a day swapping the rear shocks and rebuilding the forks. 

20230513_162619.thumb.jpg.9bf8c190e52d31857cf6507b0262aa6c.jpg

20230430_180049~2.jpg

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pauly said:

Took the Wing for a 20 mile ride. New windshield is perfection and I like the vent option a lot. New LEDs make it look like Jim's bike, only cooler. 

Fork seals, bushings, etc arrived while I was in OKC last week. I just need to spend a day swapping the rear shocks and rebuilding the forks. 

20230513_162619.thumb.jpg.9bf8c190e52d31857cf6507b0262aa6c.jpg

20230430_180049~2.jpg

The vent was a must for me. I need air on my face. I was always uncomfortable last year. The vent has made a huge difference. 

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, durk said:

The vent was a must for me. I need air on my face. I was always uncomfortable last year. The vent has made a huge difference. 

I'm considering a half helmet for the Wing. It's still quite warm behind that fairing. 

25 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I'm considering a half helmet for the Wing.

No. Absolutely not.

Mine is all cleaned and back in its stable. Which is the only way a Wing should be treated.

PXL_20230514_222307100.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

I'm considering a half helmet for the Wing. It's still quite warm behind that fairing. 

gQudhCM.jpg
half helmet is a must for me on anything over 70 degrees 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Deep-cleaned the 675 from coaching in the rain this past weekend. Removed r6 wheels for a tire swap this week. Spend way too much money mounting tires. 

Probably worth your money to get a machine to mount tires yourself no?

Home. 921 miles. Rolled through 25,000 on the odometer this morning. Absolutely loving this bike and don't see a legit reason to upgrade next season. Once I put the new suspension on it, I should be done. 

Except for the throttle cables I ordered the other night. Then I should be done. :)

• Upvote 3

On 5/27/2023 at 6:37 PM, Pauly said:

Home. 921 miles. Rolled through 25,000 on the odometer this morning. Absolutely loving this bike and don't see a legit reason to upgrade next season. Once I put the new suspension on it, I should be done. 

Except for the throttle cables I ordered the other night. Then I should be done. :)

I love reading this....

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, snot said:

I love reading this....

I just cant help myself. I removed the silver switch box on the clutch master cylinder and pulled the wires. Now that it has the uber LEDs, I don't need that. Replaced the chrome speaker covers for OEM for aesthetic reasons. No more cigarette lighter. Now it's sporting a BMW plug that will be wired directly to the battery for heated gear (lol..as if I will ever need that), battery tender and a 12v USB charger. 

I have hardware on the way to lose the CB mic mount that I will never use. I am also doing a little more chromectomy surgery, but am almost ready to leave it alone. 

20230529_194218.jpg

20230529_194213.jpg

20230529_181154.jpg

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 2