What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

Scotchbrite and SOS are pretty cheap. I would attempt to clean the header myself before I paid someone to coat it. It's just a streetbike, when it's all said and done. The exhaust is going to look like every other exhaust after a season or two, anyway. 

ceramic is supposed to be similar to fiberglass wrap without trapping water. Less heat soak to surrounding parts. shock, radiator & hoses, oil pan. People say they notice corvette underhood temps lower after having them coated.

54 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

ceramic is supposed to be similar to fiberglass wrap without trapping water. Less heat soak to surrounding parts. shock, radiator & hoses, oil pan. People say they notice corvette underhood temps lower after having them coated.

Sure, but it's a naked streetbike. 

11 hours ago, motocat12 said:

doesn't running the bike do that?

You have to do it gradually.... slowly increasing the temp and pausing at each step so it cures properly.. I think running it on the bike would take it too high too fast.

1 hour ago, MSerfozo said:

It's MY 21 year-old naked streetbike.  If it wasn't naked, I'd say, "Fuck it" and shoot it with flat black gas grill paint and hide it behind the plastics.

Don't listen to him, he as a BMW FFS. Nothing you do will make him happy, damn BMW elitists. Make your bike your bike.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

It's MY 21 year-old naked streetbike.  If it wasn't naked, I'd say, "Fuck it" and shoot it with flat black gas grill paint and hide it behind the plastics.

I wasn't disparaging the 1200 Bandit. I was saying throwing beauty money at a stock header pipe might not be a worthwhile endeavor. 

8 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I wasn't disparaging the 1200 Bandit. I was saying throwing beauty money at a stock header pipe might not be a worthwhile endeavor. 

It's not a stock pipe, It's a handmade, Dale Walker's Holeshot stepped header with highmount.  It was originally (18 years ago) satin silver ceramic coated which has held up extremely well.

And nobody has ever accused me of making wise choices spending money on this.  I probably have close to $20k in this bike that I probably couldn't sell for $3k!  🙄

2 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

It's not a stock pipe, It's a handmade, Dale Walker's Holeshot stepped header with highmount.  It was originally (18 years ago) satin silver ceramic coated which has held up extremely well.

And nobody has ever accused me of making wise choices spending money on this.  I probably have close to $20k in this bike that I probably couldn't sell for $3k!  🙄

Well, next time start with that so idiots like me know to stay in our lane. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Well, next time start with that so idiots like me know to stay in our lane. :lol:

No problem!  It's still stupid for me to keep spending money on this 21 year old bike that nobody loves but me.

If we ever get the chance, you have to take it for a ride so you can see what I made out of a cheap, naked, standard.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MSerfozo said:

No problem!  It's still stupid for me to keep spending money on this 21 year old bike that nobody loves but me.

If we ever get the chance, you have to take it for a ride so you can see what I made out of a cheap, naked, standard.

I'd be happy to scare the shit out of myself on your barn burner. You're welcome to ride my Bavarian creme puff. 

3 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

My wife is way older than that, and way more expensive...yet here I am still paying.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Trying to Install my snow tires tire on the bike tire still has maybe thousand miles left on it If anybody wants it if anybody wants it ?Gave up gave up without a bead breaker.I’m gonna go get some kind of tool Sport tires are softer & Easier to put on easier to put on than touring tires

36F38876-856F-4818-8A98-DD68D8CA819D.jpeg

8FA9C271-C331-46E0-B7F0-68E608E570B8.jpeg

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, marlboro man said:

Trying to Install my snow tires tire on the bike tire still has maybe thousand miles left on it If anybody wants it if anybody wants it ?Gave up gave up without a bead breaker.I’m gonna go get some kind of tool Sport tires are softer & Easier to put on easier to put on than touring tires

36F38876-856F-4818-8A98-DD68D8CA819D.jpeg

Couldn’t find a tire machine nearby anywhere in stock Couldn’t find a tire machine nearby anywhere in stock so woke up this morning Thinking I’m not a 40yr old Tire Virgin pop some lube on that rubber tire popped right off & back in  Balanced it on a $74 black widow stand from Summit racing But I recommend looks like harbor freight has the same fucing Balancer for $29 

D59F43B2-3E64-4648-B547-97AAC78F1EF7.jpeg

Just now, marlboro man said:

D59F43B2-3E64-4648-B547-97AAC78F1EF7.jpeg

Couldn’t find a tire machine nearby anywhere in stock Couldn’t find a tire machine nearby anywhere in stock so woke up this morning Thinking I’m not a 40yr old Tire Virgin pop some lube on that rubber tire popped right off & back in  Balanced it on a $74 black widow stand from Summit racing But I recommend looks like harbor freight has the same fucing Balancer for $29 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

Dropped the pipe at Late Apex Performance Coatings and met Hoblick.

Getting the pipe coated is one less problem to getting my bike ready for the season.

Post up photos when you get it back....