What did you do to your bike today?

JustinNck1

18 hours ago, Pauly said:

Windscreen was in the worst place it could be... right at eyeball level

I had one of these on the whale. Quality stuff and they make a short version for short people.

https://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshields/honda/honda-touring/gold-wing-gl1500-shields/

I think F4 makes one too, but they are very proud of their products and charge accordingly.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chain & sprockets today.  I finally got to install the Supersprox I bought a while ago.  I thinknit looks pretty good with the DID nickel chain.

Just a few more details and my Bandit will be ready for its 22nd season!

20230402_173639.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/5/2023 at 10:41 AM, JustinNck1 said:

Dropped the KLR off at the dealer. Fuel pump recall. I hate other people working on my bike.

If it makes you feel better, you can work on my bikes.  I like other people working on my bikes. 😄

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Timing belt service and engine coolant flush happened today. Gonna put some miles on the Moldwing tomorrow and hopefully not spend this Easter in the intensive care ward. 

Amanda has declined my offer for a Muskie picnic. Something about not wanting to "tempt fate"... :dunno:

20230408_163945.jpg

20230408_164007.jpg

20230408_164015.jpg

20230408_205637.jpg

20230408_220641.jpg

20230408_220657.jpg

Edited by Pauly
  • Upvote 2

A tip for your Oldwing there, I initially made these for my Valkyrie, but since the wing is the same engine... 

(Sold a bunch to the Valk guys.)

When you get to the point of replacing the pulley bearings, using a Hyundai part plus the SS plate is a better way to go, plus way less expensive.... - some guys just cut the OEM bearing off the stock plate. 

20220610_155032-M.jpg

20220618_134543-M.jpg

TenRebuild-M.jpg

Edited by mello dude
  • Beer 1

Cleaned carbs last night.  🤮

Monday evening when I was coming home, I thought I was running out of gas but realized that I didn't read the markings on my new (to me) Pingel petcock and I wasn't on reserve like I thought.  Good news right?  I still had some gas to get home!  I fiddled with the petcock and got it onto reserve and started riding home.  The bike started running really rough and the O2 was reading really lean.  I stopped at a light and smelled gas and when I looked down I could see gas pouring out of the carbs on the right side.  I made it home and shut the gas off and the leaking finally stopped.  I am assuming that when I went to reserve with the new petcock, some crap from the bottom of the tank got sucked into the carbs and at least one had its float valve stuck open.

Bt the time I got home Monday, it was too late and I was too pissed off to think about working on the bike.  When it's time to clean carbs is the only time I ever wish I had fewer than 4 cylinders!

Anyway, It's running perfectly today!

2023-03-05 18.20.48.jpg

• Upvote 3

Went to air up the front tire on the CBR for the maiden voyage of this year. That things pretty well dry rotted. It started leaking air like a sieve. I guess it’s best that happened here in my garage and not on the road. Still a bummer though.

Edited by durk
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, durk said:

Went to air up the front tire on the CBR for the maiden voyage of this year. That things pretty well dry rotted. It started leaking air like a sieve. I guess it’s best that happened here in my garage and not on the road. Still a bummer though.

How the hell did any tire on any bike you own last long enough to rot?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/12/2023 at 8:35 PM, Tonik said:

How the hell did any tire on any bike you own last long enough to rot?

Not the tire. The valve stem. I don’t replace them every time I change a tire. I picked up a new stem tonight. Now I just need to find the time to replace it. Guess I didn’t describe the issue very well. 

Edited by durk
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, durk said:

Not the tire. The valve stem. I don’t replace them every time I change a tire. I picked up a new stem tonight. Now I just need to find the time to replace it. Guess I didn’t describe the issue very well. 

Have you ever tried the 90deg aluminum stems?  Makes it a lot easier to get the air chuck on.  I use silver ones on my black rims so they're easier to see when I'm rolling the bike around in poor light in the garage.

1 hour ago, MSerfozo said:

Have you ever tried the 90deg aluminum stems?  Makes it a lot easier to get the air chuck on.  I use silver ones on my black rims so they're easier to see when I'm rolling the bike around in poor light in the garage.

I just grabbed a short rubber stem from the local motorcycle shop. I’ve never had too much trouble on the CBR getting to it. Thank the Lord however for 90 degree stems on the Wing. 

A lot of work just to replace a stupid valve stem, but it’s done. I screwed up the Shorty valve stem that I bought at the motorcycle shop yesterday. So I just installed a normal 1-1/4” stem. Sorry to disappoint you boys. On a positive note, this thing is still a riot to ride. Pre-ride self talk was ”hey take it easy, you haven’t been on this bike in a while”. Pull out of the driveway, the bike starts making fun of me. “You’re afraid to do a wheelie?” Yes, she talks to me and makes fun of me at times. Of course I showed her who was boss 😜. The only problem with the ride was it was way too short. Just a quick run uptown to grab an in-line fuse for the 12 V power supply on the wing and a trip to the post office. I need a Southeast Ohio run like none other. I’m not sure how I feel about my wife always wanting to ride with me nowadays. I miss out on some of those free Saturdays I used to have.

Vfw4TuX.jpgnBVxlKZ.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2