Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

2 minutes ago, Qman said:

Dont miss Glacier NP while you're at it!

I was there once. When I was a kid my parents took us on a 3 week vacation out west with our camper. We got to see all kinds of stuff out there, yellowstone and the sequoia forest were my favorites. But we were in death Valley to Seattle to mount Rushmore, the petrified forest etc.... Looking back on it I really wish I would have appreciated it more than I did. 

Anyways it will be added to the list for sure!

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

I was there once. When I was a kid my parents took us on a 3 week vacation out west with our camper. We got to see all kinds of stuff out there, yellowstone and the sequoia forest were my favorites. But we were in death Valley to Seattle to mount Rushmore, the petrified forest etc.... Looking back on it I really wish I would have appreciated it more than I did. 

Anyways it will be added to the list for sure!

A little motivation.....

11705502_963275023693480_146416064569200153_o.jpg

I guess I just value ...value over form. 

I have seen some damn comfortable non-toyhauler trailers. Heat, AC, comfy bedding, TV/stereo, but all that packs up and you can still maintain the utility. 

You do lose the utility of a kitchen and bathroom, but I've yet to find a toyhauler kitchen that was really suitable to really cook.

even if I won the lottery, I think I'd get a 7x24 gooseneck or something, and roll with 6 bikes and 3 friends. 

10 hours ago, redkow97 said:

I have seen some damn comfortable non-toyhauler trailers. Heat, AC, comfy bedding, TV/stereo, but all that packs up and you can still maintain the utility. 

You do lose the utility of a kitchen and bathroom, but I've yet to find a toyhauler kitchen that was really suitable to really cook.

even if I won the lottery, I think I'd get a 7x24 gooseneck or something, and roll with 6 bikes and 3 friends. 

I like the friend to bike ratio.

12 hours ago, redkow97 said:

I find value is relative depending on wants/needs.  Your utilitarian mindset isn't a bad thing, just a different point of view is all.  I've not owned a TH yet, but I've been researching/planning for a couple years now.  Seems to me that the bigger haulers ( TT's or 5'ers with separate garage space ) appear to be fairly accommodating and still allow you to sleep with bikes locked away inside instead of possibly asphyxiating from fumes all night because they're strapped down inside the living quarters, or waking up to find they've been stolen because you had to park them outside overnight.  

Don't get me wrong, TH's are a luxury - that's a given.....but compared to utility trailers, they save you the hassles of paying/reserving hotel, save the added expense of dining out most every meal, allow you to travel at your own leasure ( no check in/out times to adhere to ).   Sure, they're cumbersome and can be relatively expensive to own/maintain depending on how big and luxurious you go - but I think it would be nice to have some sort of a home away from home anytime you want to pack up and go somewhere to ride/relax.  Overall, an expense I don't mind paying to add elements of fun and convenience to our life's travels.   Once I dive into ownership I may discover it was a ludicrous venture, but I wont know that for sure until I experience it for myself.   Wife's on board with the idea, and we're pretty good at enabling one another....so why not? :D

Edited by Hellmutt

Just now, Hellmutt said:

I find value is relative depending on wants/needs.  Your utilitarian mindset isn't a bad thing, just a different point of view is all.  I've not owned a TH yet, but I've been researching/planning for a couple years now.  Seems to me that the bigger haulers ( TT's or 5'ers with separate garage space ) appear to be fairly accommodating and still allow you to sleep with bikes locked away inside instead of possibly asphyxiating from fumes all night because they're strapped down inside the living quarters, or waking up to find they've been stolen because you had to park them outside overnight.  

Don't get me wrong, TH's are a luxury - that's a given.....but compared to utility trailers, they save you the hassles of paying/reserving hotel, save the added expense of dining out most every meal, allow you to travel at your own leasure ( no check in/out times to adhere to ).   Sure, they're cumbersome and can be relatively expensive to own/maintain depending on how big and luxurious you go - but I think it would be nice to have some sort of a home away from home anytime you want to pack up and go somewhere to ride/relax.  Overall, an expense I don't mind paying to add elements of fun and convenience to our life's travels.   Once I dive into ownership I may discover it was a ludicrous venture, but I wont know that for sure until I experience it for myself.   Wife's on board with the idea, and we're pretty good at enabling one another....so why not? :D

You have to get a TH with a kitchen.  Otherwise @snot can't go with you.  She has to stay in the kitchen, so you need a mobile kitchen.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Seems to me that the bigger haulers ( TT's or 5'ers with separate garage space ) appear to be fairly accommodating and still allow you to sleep with bikes locked away inside instead of possibly asphyxiating from fumes all night because they're strapped down inside the living quarters, or waking up to find they've been stolen because you had to park them outside overnight.  

I agree with most of this minus the dining out most every meal. Speaking as someone without a toy hauler, I usually bring a cooler full of drinks and foods. Someone usually has a skillet or a grill or something else that gets hot and cooks food.

Sunday at NC bike last year I had the whole paddock smelling like bacon before the riders meeting. 

We did eat out once though, well some of the other guys did, thats when @Jester_ was introduced to BK's rodeo cheeseburger. I think he's a fan for life now.

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I agree with most of this minus the dining out most every meal. Speaking as someone without a toy hauler, I usually bring a cooler full of drinks and foods. Someone usually has a skillet or a grill or something else that gets hot and cooks food.

Sunday at NC bike last year I had the whole paddock smelling like bacon before the riders meeting. 

We did eat out once though, well some of the other guys did, thats when @Jester_ was introduced to BK's rodeo cheeseburger. I think he's a fan for life now.

I have moved on to the Bacon King. 

9 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Holy mother.....

It is glorious, however has set back my weight loss goals.

I need to stick to the straight and narrow from here on out to keep up with all you guys and your big blocks at road atlanta.

2 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

It is glorious, however has set back my weight loss goals.

I need to stick to the straight and narrow from here on out to keep up with all you guys and your big blocks at road atlanta.

Just because I got a cheater bi....err... liter bike...

I am back to 195lbs which I suppose is my normal weight at this point, that's what I weighed all last season. I was down to 180 2 years ago when we first went to road atlanta, would like to lose atleast 10lbs between now and RA. 

Edited by Jester_

1 hour ago, Jester_ said:

I am back to 195lbs which I suppose is my normal weight at this point, that's what I weighed all last season. I was down to 180 2 years ago when we first went to road atlanta, would like to lose atleast 10lbs between now and RA. 

And here I'm at 174.5 as of this morning and I want to gain a bit more "good" mass so I can push that 1000 with 1.0 springs in the forks.

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

And here I'm at 174.5 as of this morning and I want to gain a bit more "good" mass so I can push that 1000 with 1.0 springs in the forks.

Stay light and let the bike do all the muscle work. 

10 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Speaking of coolers I need to invest in a nice one. Any recommendations?

Whatever cooler I bought at walmart keeps my stuff cold for days. Ice may melt after 24 hours but the water is still cold after. I usually am done using it before anything in there gets warm. I believe I have something like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-28-Quart-Island-Breeze-Cooler/23735485

Works for keeping my drinks/ sammich meats/ the towel I use to cool off/ and the occasional random subway sub cold. But I'm imagining you are looking for something larger.

Edit: If I want room for beer, I'll have to purchase another cooler.

Edited by TimTheAzn

54 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Whatever cooler I bought at walmart keeps my stuff cold for days. Ice may melt after 24 hours but the water is still cold after. I usually am done using it before anything in there gets warm. I believe I have something like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-28-Quart-Island-Breeze-Cooler/23735485

Works for keeping my drinks/ sammich meats/ the towel I use to cool off/ and the occasional random subway sub cold. But I'm imagining you are looking for something larger.

Edit: If I want room for beer, I'll have to purchase another cooler.

I was looking for something to keep ice for a couple days. I'm sick of cooking soggy hamburgers. 

1 hour ago, Jester_ said:

I was looking for something to keep ice for a couple days. I'm sick of cooking soggy hamburgers. 

I know Ron has a soft Yeti cooler. Yeti's are supposed to be the bomb but god damn are they expensive.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2017 at 2:38 PM, TimTheAzn said:

Josh Herrin can't be more than 160, and he does pretty well on a 1000.

i would never tell anyone not to get stronger, but you don't need to be adding mass.