Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

I was wondering exactly the same thing this morning.

Maybe @TimTheAzn has the scoop?

Was he the only person transported?  I though I heard that two people were hurt but they could have just been talking about two separate bikes down....I couldn't tell.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:11 PM, DesmoDuc said:

vanity alert ... ran the Lean TD endurance events this year and Team ARC took the win in Pony Express.   Always good to team with the young fast guns ...!!!  Me, Robbie Noe and Chris Murphy. 

3-amigos.jpg

Congrats Andrew. Glad we could get out to at least one round to bang bars with you guys this year.

18 hours ago, ksands22 said:

Anybody know if the guy on the Harley at PITT on Sunday is alright? 

17 hours ago, Sellius said:

Was he the only person transported?  I though I heard that two people were hurt but they could have just been talking about two separate bikes down....I couldn't tell.

Yea he's already making fun of himself on Facebook.

He may have been the only one transported. Hard to keep track as Sunday was one of those nice days after a rainy day on Saturday and everyone tried to send it throughout the day which unfortunately brought out a lot of red flags. I didn't coach this weekend, Oct PIRC weekend I usually just ride for myself. I got what I wanted to accomplish accomplished on Sunday.

18 hours ago, ksands22 said:

Anybody know if the guy on the Harley at PITT on Sunday is alright? 

17 hours ago, Sellius said:

We had a rider low side in T5 and either dislocated or broke his ankle and he was transported.

The Harley guy should be ok. I havent heard anything after he was sent but I believe he had lost conciseness for a bit so they transported him to make sure he was ok otherwise, and he bit his lip pretty bad. 

Edited by Jester_

7 minutes ago, ksands22 said:

In the afternoon Chris told Intermediate to either get their shit together or he was parking the whole group. 

@TimTheAzn & @Jester_ are you guys going to make the trip to Barber in November? We are headed down for both days.  

Ya it was a mess to be honest... all the crashes were self inflicted but everyone seemed to be riding over their heads. I was directing the day and had to have a novice meeting at lunch to yell at that group. I am told you see this a lot after a rain day, everyone has a bit too much confidence. 

I am not going to Barber in Nov. I don't like the drive down there, and the family and I are going to go to the beach for a bit since the kids are off school, so this past weekend was likely my last ride for the year. I would have loved to have gotten to Road Atlanta next weekend but that isn't in the cards. 

Edited by Jester_

38 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

Ya it was a mess to be honest... all the crashes were self inflicted but everyone seemed to be riding over their heads. I was directing the day and had to have a novice meeting at lunch to yell at that group. I am told you see this a lot after a rain day, everyone has a bit too much confidence. 

I am not going to Barber in Nov. I don't like the drive down there, and the family and I are going to go to the beach for a bit since the kids are off school, so this past weekend was likely my last ride for the year. I would have loved to have gotten to Road Atlanta next weekend but that isn't in the cards. 

Yeah my buddy had a nice little low side into 4 at the end of the day in Novice. I got stood up twice in corner entry by the same guy but it looked like Chris pulled him off and gave him an ear full.

We wanted to do Road Atlanta and CMP but work has other plans. Hopefully next year. 

5 minutes ago, ksands22 said:

Yeah my buddy had a nice little low side into 4 at the end of the day in Novice. I got stood up twice in corner entry by the same guy but it looked like Chris pulled him off and gave him an ear full.

We wanted to do Road Atlanta and CMP but work has other plans. Hopefully next year. 

Was it a guy on an r1 and a Tachi suit?

2 minutes ago, ksands22 said:

We try our best to catch when things like bad passes happen and have a conversation with the offender about it but we cant be everywhere. Hopefully you had a good day overall, I know it was packed and there were a few crashes. 

2 hours ago, Jester_ said:

I was directing the day and had to have a novice meeting at lunch to yell at that group. I am told you see this a lot after a rain day, everyone has a bit too much confidence. 

I was in that Novice meeting.  I'm gland you held it and I thought you guys did a good job explaining what the problem was and what kind of behavior you wanted to see.

I'm always surprised by the things people say in those meetings, like the aussie guy complaining about the CR's not keeping the slow people out of his way.  People are crazy.

20 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Was it a guy on an r1 and a Tachi suit?

No it was a ZX10. I think he had an Arai Helmet. 

20 hours ago, Jester_ said:

We try our best to catch when things like bad passes happen and have a conversation with the offender about it but we cant be everywhere. Hopefully you had a good day overall, I know it was packed and there were a few crashes. 

You guys do a great job. I had a great day on my end and got to ride with a CR for a couple of laps. I've been able to do seven N2 days this year and have been happy with all of them. 

I think there was 50 in Intermediate so I know it was tough for the CR's to be everywhere. I raced MX and Flat track/TT for 15 years so close riding doesn't bother me. Like you said after a wet day everyone seemed to have had extra confidence and less patience. 

Edited by ksands22

On 10/13/2021 at 6:41 AM, ksands22 said:

No it was a ZX10. I think he had an Arai Helmet. 

You guys do a great job. I had a great day on my end and got to ride with a CR for a couple of laps. I've been able to do seven N2 days this year and have been happy with all of them. 

I think there was 50 in Intermediate so I know it was tough for the CR's to be everywhere. I raced MX and Flat track/TT for 15 years so close riding doesn't bother me. Like you said after a wet day everyone seemed to have had extra confidence and less patience. 

Glad to hear the positive feedback, appreciate it. 

On 10/9/2021 at 10:09 PM, RymerC said:

Weather looks pretty awesome for last day of the season at midO on Monday. See you dudes there

It was a beautiful day to be on the track and there was not very many people. Unfortunately, 4 people from various groups went down at the same location on turn 9 throughout the day, I was the one in advanced that went down. I left after that but in the ambulance ride, you could hear them talking on the radio asking if anyone saw any reason why everyone was going down. Not sure if they got it figured out after I left. Felt like oil or antifreeze because there was no warning , I just initiated the turn, not even getting my knee down, and in a flash my front end was down and I was sliding. Not hurt and bike is fine. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TMC Customs said:

It was a beautiful day to be on the track and there was not very many people. Unfortunately, 4 people from various groups went down at the same location on turn 9 throughout the day, I was the one in advanced that went down. I left after that but in the ambulance ride, you could hear them talking on the radio asking if anyone saw any reason why everyone was going down. Not sure if they got it figured out after I left. Felt like oil or antifreeze because there was no warning , I just initiated the turn, not even getting my knee down, and in a flash my front end was down and I was sliding. Not hurt and bike is fine. 

Do you roll a camera while you ride? Could try and dissect it.

I do and it was working. I will post it. You will notice in the crash that I start to roll on throttle about the same time I go down. That doesn’t feel like the issue but it could have contributed. I am pretty light on the throttle through there and was in 3rd gear so not a ton of torque at that spot given my rpm and speed. 

16 hours ago, TMC Customs said:

I do and it was working. I will post it. You will notice in the crash that I start to roll on throttle about the same time I go down. That doesn’t feel like the issue but it could have contributed. I am pretty light on the throttle through there and was in 3rd gear so not a ton of torque at that spot given my rpm and speed. 

I mean even on it's best days, that track surface is less than desirable. Post the vid, we'll see if we can get anything from it.