Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

Oh and while we were down there I almost ran into my buddy Matt Bacola. There was a red flag so we came around into hot pit to go back out. When we go back into Charlottes web I go to hit the brakes and the lever goes back to my fingers and I have no brakes. I moved my hand off the bar and was able to get the bike slowed with the lever against the bar. I go into hot pit and see the adjuster was moved, so I move it back. 2 laps later the same thing happened so I came in and the adjuster had moved again, I took the old vortex lever off and went over to Marietta Motorsports and bought a stock one. The stock lever has WAY better feel than the Vortex ever did and hopefully it doesnt try to put me in the hospital. 

On 11/22/2016 at 8:52 PM, blue03636 said:

Not even close to the same. He's working through the issues between his actual job. This is a side gig for him so he can take his million dollar race car out. I doubt he spent much time messing with it while the weather was nice so he could continue to make cash.

I'm hard-pressed to disagree with you.  This is what I feared when it became clear that the new owner doesn't intend to operate the track as a business.  I'm not saying he won't still allow private (racing) events, but it doesn't appear the intention will be to profit from said rental revenue.  Supplemental income only.

50 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

Oh and while we were down there I almost ran into my buddy Matt Bacola. There was a red flag so we came around into hot pit to go back out. When we go back into Charlottes web I go to hit the brakes and the lever goes back to my fingers and I have no brakes. I moved my hand off the bar and was able to get the bike slowed with the lever against the bar. I go into hot pit and see the adjuster was moved, so I move it back. 2 laps later the same thing happened so I came in and the adjuster had moved again, I took the old vortex lever off and went over to Marietta Motorsports and bought a stock one. The stock lever has WAY better feel than the Vortex ever did and hopefully it doesnt try to put me in the hospital. 

Geeeeeze haha. Marietta Motorsports in GA?

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from Barber. As always it looks like I am out for a sunday drive instead of being on a track. 

Atleast I match in my dope "new" Supertech boots. 

http://www.highsidephoto.com/p662020837/h3a9ab426#h3a9ab426

http://www.highsidephoto.com/p662020837/h191c466f#hed9a8f7

http://www.highsidephoto.com/p662020837/h122c3c70#h122c3c70

http://www.highsidephoto.com/p662020837/h15eab7bd#h3c433216

http://www.highsidephoto.com/p357519871/h35cb19a0#h35cb19a0

Edited by Jester_
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from Barber. As always it looks like I am out for a sunday drive instead of being on a track.

If that is your Sunday drive cornering I'd hate to be racing you on Saturday. I've never been on the track but I plan to give it a go once or twice this summer. I know there will be no photos of me cornering like you were in any of those I looked at. Makes me realize how much I have to learn at the ripe age of 40.  

9 minutes ago, durk said:

If that is your Sunday drive cornering I'd hate to be racing you on Saturday. I've never been on the track but I plan to give it a go once or twice this summer. I know there will be no photos of me cornering like you were in any of those I looked at. Makes me realize how much I have to learn at the ripe age of 40.  

There is ALWAYS more to learn!

You should try out a track day some time. N2 will allow a first timer 2 free sessions on the track in the novice group, and if you want to stay for the rest of the day you can but have to pay for the day. Its a great way of being introduced to the addiction. 

We have coaches on here from Sportbike Track Time and Mid Ohio as well that would answer any questions you have with those organizations. 

54 minutes ago, durk said:

Rick, I've seen you ride, you can ride at a good pace.

Sounds like we got another for the Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio track day.

1 hour ago, durk said:

Your good I didn't start doing track days until I was 39.  Wish I would have started sooner.  

1 hour ago, Jester_ said:

There is ALWAYS more to learn!

You should try out a track day some time. N2 will allow a first timer 2 free sessions on the track in the novice group, and if you want to stay for the rest of the day you can but have to pay for the day. Its a great way of being introduced to the addiction. 

We have coaches on here from Sportbike Track Time and Mid Ohio as well that would answer any questions you have with those organizations. 

My plan is to take advantage of 2 free sessions once at PIRC as you mentioned and I picked up a mid-Ohio cert for the discounted rate :D. I figure this way I'll get to experience 2 tracks and not spend much cash  

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Rick, I've seen you ride, you can ride at a good pace.

Sounds like we got another for the Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio track day.

Thanks for being kind Tim. I know that day I rode with you and jschaf that had you 2 been leading I would have been farther behind for sure.  

Thanks to to all of the others for the encouragement as well. 

9 minutes ago, durk said:

My plan is to take advantage of 2 free sessions once at PIRC as you mentioned and I picked up a mid-Ohio cert for the discounted rate :D. I figure this way I'll get to experience 2 tracks and not spend much cash  

Let me know when you are going, you can pit with me if want. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, TRMN8TR said:

Also...need to get bike actually running. :( 

Haven't done much besides move it around the garage since we got back from NCBike/Summit. I have a few ideas of where to look first. 

Sucks... electrical issues are the worst. 

And we wont have any B bikes laying around for you to ride this year :p