Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, add the wife and I to the list of quitters.  Her Mom is now scheduled for knee replacement surgery that weekend, so Jen is heading to TN to help out around the house the whole week.  I'm trying to get more time off so I can go as well, but we're definitely out for this....sucks, but family is always first.  You all enjoy and speed safely!

3 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

Well, add the wife and I to the list of quitters.  Her Mom is now scheduled for knee replacement surgery that weekend, so Jen is heading to TN to help out around the house the whole week.  I'm trying to get more time off so I can go as well, but we're definitely out for this....sucks, but family is always first.  You all enjoy and speed safely!

Can I come too?? I know where her mom lives and I'm ready to go back and eat at the Barrel House lol

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, OsuMj said:

I just realized this is the same day as the solar eclipse... happening from 1-4pm.  

if in fact all the people who actually commit shows up (including casper) this mega OR event is bound to cause solar eclipse 

46 minutes ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Well that'll make things interesting... any idea how dark it's going to get? 

judging from this map - https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2017/07/17/four-emerging-misconceptions-on-social-media-about-the-upcoming-great-american-eclipse/#49c9543f447b - pretty dark. Looks like twilight rather than night time though. The full shadow of the moon passes just south of Columbus. Looks like we will get the most darkness at around 2pm though.

Wonder if they will go an hour or 2 late to compensate? Might be worth calling them to ask.

Does Mid-O have lights? :p

Edited by what

16 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I am in for this.   Approved for the time off.  Will be my first ever track day.  Hopefully someone will help show me the ropes.  @TimTheAzn

Come join us as we sacrifice rubber to the track gods.. 

Just now, what said:

Come join us as we sacrifice rubber to the track gods.. 

So yesterday I pointed out to the wife that this new bike gives me the opportunity to do track days.

"Oh, so you can burn up the new tires?"

Just now, Tonik said:

So yesterday I pointed out to the wife that this new bike gives me the opportunity to do track days.

"Oh, so you can burn up the new tires?"

What new tires?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bowdog said:

I am going to try and make this, hopefully the Midget will tow me around on his Grom.

I had the Grom on track there last season when I was working. It did not set any records but it was faster than several novice times :lol: 

if I make this I'll be on the KTM. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I am in for this.   Approved for the time off.  Will be my first ever track day.  Hopefully someone will help show me the ropes.  @TimTheAzn

I'd bump down but I dont like Mid-Ohio's novice group structure. I'll do what I can.

54 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Derek your coach will take good care of you. I went there last week solo and had a great time. The first time on the track they have you ride far left and pit in. Then they take you far right and on the 3rd lap they show you race line. My coach was a cool guy and after mentioning I found myself wanting to go faster, he definitely picked up the pace on the 2nd session. 

• Upvote 1