Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I am staying at a hotel about 8 miles away.

Which means I will have to tape up my bike after I get there.  Figure I will be at the gate long before the 6:45 opening and tape it up then on the side of the driveway.

Wait... you're riding your bike to the track??

5 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

My advice is to show up the night before, camp and wake up in the morning. This way you have your shit set up and ready to roll through tech. Plus it's extra hang out time with the people that do the same.

I know that Dan (Jester) is going to be there Sunday evening.

Which brings me to why I came in here in the first place, who all is showing up Sunday night?

I asked for experienced track guys.... :lol: I'm just kidding.  Are you going to be there for this?

31 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I asked for experienced track guys.... :lol: I'm just kidding.  Are you going to be there for this?

Oh how I wish I could go back into Novice to show you some things...... Mostly wheels and what it feels like to be stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey.

You are lucky that 1, Mid-Ohio's Novice is too structured for me to ever want to go back, 2 one of my buddy's is riding my 1k this weekend.

The track is a whole different can of worms than them Toledo roads you've been riding.

Edited by TimTheAzn

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Oh how I wish I could go back into Novice to show you some things...... Mostly wheels and what it feels like to be stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey.

You are lucky that 1, Mid-Ohio's Novice is too structured for me to ever want to go back, 2 one of my buddy's is riding my 1k this weekend.

But... the trackday is Monday, not the weekend... so that excuse is invalid. 

9 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Would you ride on track without health insurance? lol

I anticipate not having to need to use my health insurance, but I forgot, pretty much every track day you do, you try and bring back a little more of the track with you than you went down with.  

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Experienced Track Guys --- About what time do you arrive in the morning to get setup?

YMMV, but I target arrival no later than 7:30AM.  It all depends on how much you need to do to unpack.  I'm a minimalist - No canopy, no generator, bike is already fueled up and ready to roll.
Arrive, Park, Unload Bike, Pay, Tech, Say hi to folks, Riders Meeting, Suit up.

A few of the Intermediate guys suit up before the Riders Meeting in case it runs long and they get the "5 minute call" that they're on track right after the meeting is over.  Novice guys typically head to classroom right after the riders meeting, but have plenty of time to suit up after class while I/A is out on the track.

Edited by Trackbikez

I'm a slacker and usually show up at like 8-8:30. I usually skip the 1st Intermediate session to let the track heat up and the dew to dry off. Gives me plenty of time to get my gear out and tires warmed up. I'm usually pooped after six sessions anyways... I would find myself making a lot of mistakes and cramping at the end of the day if I ride 7 sessions hard. Need to get my ass in better shape I reckon. 

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

My advice is to show up the night before, camp and wake up in the morning. This way you have your shit set up and ready to roll through tech. Plus it's extra hang out time with the people that do the same.

I know that Dan (Jester) is going to be there Sunday evening.

Which brings me to why I came in here in the first place, who all is showing up Sunday night?

I'll be there Sunday 5-6ish pm

18 hours ago, Tonik said:

So we are looking at 5 or 6 sessions maybe?

18 hours ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

7 sessions. 3 before lunch and then 4 after lunch. 

Might get cut short though as a result of the Eclipse though.  Not sure how that's going to play out. 

Just an FYI they redid starting times a bit this year. 

Session 1 starts at 8:45 instead of 9:00 (after riders meeting)

Session 4 starts at 12:30 instead of 1:00 (after lunch)

So last session of the day (session 7) starts at 3:30 with everyone off the track by 4:30. 

14 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Just an FYI they redid starting times a bit this year. 

Session 1 starts at 8:45 instead of 9:00 (after riders meeting)

Session 4 starts at 12:30 instead of 1:00 (after lunch)

So last session of the day (session 7) starts at 3:30 with everyone off the track by 4:30. 

Do they have a usual order of the way groups go off.  Is it usually Novice then intermediate then Advanced or does it vary?  

11 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Do they have a usual order of the way groups go off.  Is it usually Novice then intermediate then Advanced or does it vary?  

Intermediate, Advanced, Novice.

Rinse and repeat.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:21 PM, jacobhawkins said:

Yeah, just called and got garage 22.  We're all good!

Cool that you guys are next to each other. I'll stop down in the morning sometime to meet everyone. I'll be in one of the coaches garages at the other end. Blue and silver R1. Number 827. Stop in if you need anything or just feel like shootin the shit. 

• Upvote 1