I just purchased the slowest new bike on OR

PhilD'oh!

Thanks Mike.  It's an incredibly stupid waste of money, on paper.  75+ year old technology, low on HP, not known to be very reliable...but the the wife, kids and dog all love it and I even got my Mom to go for a ride today.  I never thought that would happen. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

Thanks Mike.  It's an incredibly stupid waste of money, on paper.  75+ year old technology, low on HP, not known to be very reliable...but the the wife, kids and dog all love it and I even got my Mom to go for a ride today.  I never thought that would happen. 

I bet that will be a lot of fun to ride around in the snow (among other times).  If you use it,  it is never a waste of money. 

• Upvote 1

Imagine...

Sitting in a sidecar attached to a Goldwing.  Your ass is maybe 8 inches off the ground, running what felt like 70 mph through downtown Cincinnati.  The Goldwing's rider is still half-drunk and running to the right of his lane.  Cars parked on the street.  A car door swings open as you approach it...know those red marker lights they put on the inside of early '70s Lincoln car doors?  It appears at eye level.  Rider doesn't swerve or slow down...just screams "DUCK!!!"  I felt a kind of a whoosh as we passed it.

To this day I will not get into a sidecar.  I am thinking about hooking one up to my pan for the wife to enjoy... :p

• Upvote 1