RENT for a week

Jan

Hello, I am biker and it engineer from Czech, Europe visiting Westerville, OH.

Is there anybody among you who woukd rent me a motorcycle for a week till 2nd of May?

I would use it to commute to office and one trip to Akron.

I am experienced driver, 20+, 38 years old, family. My home bike is Honda CB900F2 1981

I had Triumph Thruxton 900 in Malaysia, BMW 650GS in Costa Rica.

Deposit and contract, insurance assured.

Let me know. My whatsapp or hangout is +420725858575 or cilekj@gmail dotcom

Jan

5 minutes ago, KennyB said:

CHeck Iron Pony, they're an Eaglerider Rental

thanks, checked...price $150 per day...checked Maxx Motorcycles with used bikes...the same price...and season starts 1st for them

am I only one who found it ridiculously expensive for used bike, older model?

Edited by Jan

No, you're not the only one.  Eaglerider is the largest rental franchise in the states, and they have the market cornered. You WILL get a discount if you're renting a full 7 days. I think it's - 10.00 after 3 days and - 20.00 for a full week. Call a rental professional at Pony, or go to Eaglerider.com and see if they have any specials, BUT, Pony doesn't always participate in the specials found on the website.

I would prefer just biker2biker rent. Isn't here anybody who is selling his bike and while waiting for an offer would let his motorcycle to make some money?

Yeah it's doubtful you'll find anyone willing to rent out a bike to someone as that opens them up to all kinds of liability if something were to happen. Say you get hit by someone  - you could sue the owner of the bike, the person who hit you could sue the owner of the bike and you, etc. Most people are very hesitant to lend their bikes out even to good friends or family. 

That said, I want to visit Prague some day and hit up Prague Power and the Alphonse Mucha museum. Good luck finding a bike, and if you do, head down south east of Columbus towards Mcconnelsville for all the good roads. 

Edited by what

1 hour ago, Jan said:

I will have to call car rent :/ Sad

Probably, but you are giving up a tad too soon. Give it 24 hrs. But can't you just expense this to DHL?

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtKWM2Jc1tMGXu2OaEcxP2Ac0jx8Dmn0t0HCXQI-wuTx-6yf3dc2n2Sw

Sorry. Nothing personal but your post reads like a Nigerian scam email.

The narrative that floats through my head goes something like this:

• Rent bike using fake ID
  • Beat shit out of said bike
  • Wreck bike in multi-vehicle pileup with personal injury
  • Skip country
  • Profit
  • Out $$$$ for bike plus remainder of loan
  • Sued for 500% of what I will make in my lifetime by grieving accident victim. 
  • Insurance company wants their pound of flesh
  • Career effectively trashed because a credit check is almost mandatory for any job in my career path.
  • Renter sues me for what isn't left over due to lack of an expertly crafted rental contract.

I guess that I'm just not the trusting type. That might explain why I chose the career path that I did.  :lol:   The concept of AirBNB freaks me out too.

I know :):(

..it would possibly be true if we have normal bike renting service...but as there aren't such anywhere in the world (not even Czech), maybe except some beach tourist areas (like Thailand), we have to rely on each other

Malaysia, Triumph 900...$700 per month

Costa Rica, BMW 650.....$400 per months

Japan, scooter from Dutch embassy and some Honda 300 from friend....$0

Indonesia, Suzuki Katana....$15 per day from taxi driver :)

Bubba!! <3 

I left to Akron for two days, by car, to do some IT stuff on site. Would pickup on Saturday morning and return on Monday night work for you? My flight is on Tuesday 11am from CMH.

Any Westerville offer would work better for me...so I keep thread open

Amazing! :)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jan said:

Would pickup on Saturday morning and return on Monday night work for you?

You may pick the bike up any time Sat 29Apr2017 and return it Mon 01May2017 in the evening.  Let me know if you want the pannier luggage and I'll put it on before you pick up the bike.  The bike is available for you at your convenience if you return from Akron earlier than expected--I'm retired and home pretty much everyday.  Weather doesn't look promising for those days, so I hope you have good rain gear!!!

I presume you plan on leaving your rental car here for the time you have the bike?  Or will you find a ride down and back?  No problem either way; I have secure off-street parking to leave the car if that's your plan.  You can phone me at 1-513-598-8992 (landline, no text) or TEXT ONLY PLS to 1-513-560-1942.  Address is 3910 Powner Road, Cincinnati OH 45248.

• Upvote 4

I knew someone would pull through on this site.  I hope this turns out to be a beautiful story of friendship and international cooperation and comradery... not one of heart break, stolen/destroyed bike and a Liam Neeson-esque international man hunt with a huge body count. 

Either way, you are the man, bubba!

38 minutes ago, rawlins87 said:

This whole thing sounds sketchy.

Dude has a pretty good online trail that matches up with his story.  He would have to have been planning this for a long long time or he ripped of another's identity. And don't mess with him, he can beat your ass.  I bet he looks like this:

CZ00021_Cilek_Jan.jpg

Edited by Tonik

30 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Dude has a pretty good online trail that matches up with his story.  He would have to have been planning this for a long long time or he ripped of another's identity. And don't mess with him, he can beat your ass.  I bet he looks like this:

CZ00021_Cilek_Jan.jpg

Meh, I'm old and crotchety.  If he kills me and steals my Strom, I prolly deserve it and it's more likely karma coming back to bite me in the ass!  Figger it this way:  he's a Czech IT expert on an international assignment--if we don't accommodate him, he'll hack the OR website, steal all our identities and sell them to the Russian mob.

;<)

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, jbot said:

I knew someone would pull through on this site.  I hope this turns out to be a beautiful story of friendship and international cooperation and comradery... not one of heart break, stolen/destroyed bike and a Liam Neeson-esque international man hunt with a huge body count. 

So your saying I may be dealing with John Wick?  If so, he can take anything I've got, including my woman.  That's one bad dude!!!