OMRL Adkins

tall_tracy

Yes, was a blast.  Got my first podium in F3.  Finished 3rd out of 22 just behind @jacobhawkins.  

I can honestly say that if you are at all interested in racing or track days, you should consider this. 

It's substantially cheaper than the big bikes and just as much fun.  

I'll post up some pics when I get em edited and uploaded. 

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Great day, everyone.  Thanks for taking pics and hanging out, Tracy.  The racing was good, lots of good battles and the banked curve was tons of fun.  Next race is at Circleville this Saturday.

I had a blast.  I have more pics, but I'm working on getting them into a flickr acct right now.  I'll let you guys know where to find them when they're ready.

I really wish I had my gear because it would have been so fun to run some laps during practice.  I might have to invest in my own bike in the near future...  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, J_Copeland said:

So how much is it to rent a bike to try out this madness?

There are plenty of practice days.  You are more than welcome to take my CRF around the track as much as you want on those days to try it out.  If you are looking to race, it would be like $70.00  (4 races) + bike rental fee.  And honestly, we have enough guys that may or not be able to make a race weekend occassionally that we can yank their bike for you to try it!

13 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

There are plenty of practice days.  You are more than welcome to take my CRF around the track as much as you want on those days to try it out.  If you are looking to race, it would be like $70.00  (4 races) + bike rental fee.  And honestly, we have enough guys that may or not be able to make a race weekend occassionally that we can yank their bike for you to try it!

What do you see people running tire wise on their groms? Pilot powers?

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

What do you see people running tire wise on their groms? Pilot powers?

Were about to all be switching to kenda on everything here soon haha

• Haha 1

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Whys that?

its an inside joke atm.  but no kenda was there at the event and didn't have anything to offer in 16in for the xr/crf but they are willing to make something and make it whatever compound we need I guess.

21 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

What cost is there for practice days?

2 minutes ago, blue-yamaR6s said:

What cost is there for practice days?

35$ for this one.  I know there are days you can call in and show up and its cheaper than that

23 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I know we talked about it at Mid-Ohio,but that's stupid cheap.

Got my eyes on a few XR 100's.

What do they usually go for and what years should I look for?

4 minutes ago, J_Copeland said:

I would try to get a crf100 as you can ask Jacob they run noticeably better than the xrs.  if you can find one race ready on the omrl facebook page I would go for that if not just the normal things like bent forks ect.  you can find them stock for around 800-1k.  a race ready one is going to set you back most likely 1300-1450

31 minutes ago, J_Copeland said:

Spend a little bit more and get a nice one. If it looks beat up at all don't bother with it even if it's from a member on here. Parts are cheap but they still add up quickly.  

Jacob would like to thank his sponsor, Kenda Tires.

Sticky where it matters, slippery where it counts. Kenda Tires. 

But yes, a 2-stroke 85 was running the kenda race compound tires and they seemed sticky as hell. If they do end up making some 110/16's I will make the switch. 

Edited by what
  • Haha 2