4 day KY. ride

B-Mac

Took off Thursday and set up base at Jenny Wiley SP Lodge near Prestonsburg, KY. Fri.& Sat did back road twisty both day's and returned today Sunday with a few rain showers on the return trip. So many great roads in Kentucky and the State Park lodges make for great operating bases. 820 miles total.

KY.2020. A.JPG

KY.2020. B.JPG

KY.2020. E.JPG

KY2020. C.jpg

KY2020. D.jpg

KY2020. F.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Awesome! I have a place in Nancy Ky on Lake Cumberland...I have currently only boated down there but plan to get the bike down soon as I have seen some awesome roads over the last year down there. If you get a chance check out the area, some great lodge type camping there with good roads and awesome hospitality!

Our Lake Cumberland SP trip got cut short last fall due to weather but it's on our list for a fall/autumn trip to Land between the Lakes on the west side of state.

We have staid at  Natural Bridge, Pine Mountain, Breaks and Cumberland Falls and have not had a bad experience. I like ending a long motorcycle day ride having a restaurant/lounge bar and outside seating near a room with A/C and a shower for a great price. You are so right about the hospitality.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bowdog said:

Awesome! I have a place in Nancy Ky on Lake Cumberland...I have currently only boated down there but plan to get the bike down soon as I have seen some awesome roads over the last year down there. If you get a chance check out the area, some great lodge type camping there with good roads and awesome hospitality!

We need to talk about this.  I was speaking to a real estate agent about water front lots in Nancy and Monticello.  I'd like to hear some opinions of the area.

2 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Kentucky is one of the best motorcycling states I have been through. 

I only rode in KY that one time on the way back from the Gap.  I forget your route, but the roads were twisty, in nice shape, and the traffic was light.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:06 AM, Tpoppa said:

We need to talk about this.  I was speaking to a real estate agent about water front lots in Nancy and Monticello.  I'd like to hear some opinions of the area.

I would be more than happy to speak to you about any thoughts or questions you have...We absolutely love it down there. One thing I can tell you right now is if you are seriously thinking about it I would pull the trigger sooner than later. We have seen things start to get out of control price wise just in the last year. For example a guy I know purchased 7 acres with water front two years ago for $100K and just sold 3 of those acres off last month for $100k. Our little unknown gem is starting to get not so unknown.

13 minutes ago, bowdog said:

I would be more than happy to speak to you about any thoughts or questions you have...We absolutely love it down there. One thing I can tell you right now is if you are seriously thinking about it I would pull the trigger sooner than later. We have seen things start to get out of control price wise just in the last year. For example a guy I know purchased 7 acres with water front two years ago for $100K and just sold 3 of those acres off last month for $100k. Our little unknown gem is starting to get not so unknown.

This is one of the lots I was looking at.  Opinion?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11-Waters-Edge-Dr-Nancy-KY-42544/2089549140_zpid/?

I know right where this is...Very nice lot, I do not believe it has septic as they are saying but the local contractor down there will put one in for you if it does not for $4,500. Close enough to the water that you can enjoy the view and you are probably a 5 minute golf cart/side by side ride to the marina. We currently keep our boat in Wolf Creek Marina which would be your closest option and we definitely like it there. Another huge plus if you are a drinker is that this end of the lake is wet, so they sell drinks at all the local lake restaurants. You get down towards Grider Hill and that area and it is a dry.