Trip ideas (Sept or Oct)

2talltim

You all know me somewhat and where I've ridden and seen and what I like and don't like. Any week long trip ideas for the end of Sept or beginning of Oct? Kind getting burned out on the same trips i always do. Y'all got anything outside the box that I haven't done or thought of that I can squeeze into 6 or 7 days and be just as fun as my travels into the dirty south?

Also game for anyone to join me for hotel and or camping on this trip. But no fair weather riders or complainers or someone that just wants to bitch that my trip isn't perfect for them. Or someone that comes ill preapred for anything a week long bike can throw at them.Damn! Sucks I have to make a disclaimer like that anymore.

I'm truly game for anything. Even tossed around ideas of trip to key west(pending on what covid is doing) maybe back up to Maine or even the up into U.P. Maybe another stab at the Ozarks since the last trip was a really wet one and didn't hit it all.

Been on this bunk a biker FB group that offers free camping spots and even beds to moto travelers. Might check it out more too.

If you haven't been to the museum at Barber yet, it is THE QUINTESSENTIAL DESTINATION for any motorcycle enthusiast/gearhead.

Pretty much every boys wet dream!

Farther away, the aspens of Colorado are spectacular that time of year.

Have fun and be sure to send some postcards home!

4 hours ago, Bubba said:

If you haven't been to the museum at Barber yet, it is THE QUINTESSENTIAL DESTINATION for any motorcycle enthusiast/gearhead.

Pretty much every boys wet dream!

Farther away, the aspens of Colorado are spectacular that time of year.

Have fun and be sure to send some postcards home!

Me and the Mrs. are going to Destin FL next month and plan on a trip to Barber on the way down. 

I though about Colorado but just the time that it takes to get there and back greatly decreases the fun road riding time for a one week trip. 

Thanks for the ideas though. And y'all know I always post pics of my trips to make you all green with envy. :lol:  

34 minutes ago, dustinsn3485 said:

Don't much follow your travels...but I do like the Huzzah, Steelville, Mark Twain Natl Forest. All the way down into Eminence. All in Missouri. Lots of good pavement and great roads. 

Any cheap or free camping around there that you know of?

18 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Me and the Mrs. are going to Destin FL next month and plan on a trip to Barber on the way down. 

If you've never been, prepare for your jaw to hit the  floor when you walk in!  The place is a homage to the motorcycle!

Since you'll likely be rolling down I-65 thru Bowling Green, make a fun stop and take in the Corvette museum...plus the sort side trip to Art's, which is a combination vintage car sales/museum collection.  Small admission charge is worth the fun.

http://www.artsvett.com/

National Scenic Byway connects  (Tennessee) to Robbinsville (North Carolina). Ranging in elevation from 900ft above sea level at the Tellico River in Tennessee to 5400ft above sea level at the Tennessee/North Carolina state line at Haw Knob, the 43-mile Cherohala Skyway offers motorcyclists sweeping views and gentle curves along its route. Amazing view and you will like motorcycle riding experience here.

New York has a 14 day quarantine if you come from Ohio unless you have a documented negative COVID test.

we were planning a few days in the finger lake region, but this ended that plan.

the rest of New England (Vermont and New Hampshire) doesn’t want us up there either.  

Hmmm... headed to Colorado ( trailering dualsports ), hopefully we can still go. Guess we’ll see. Plan B was heading to Vermont, New Hampshire on Adventure bikes... Screw Covid!

• Upvote 1

Welp due to covid think im just going to stick to the mountains of the south. Probably just explore Ky and WV more on the way down and head to the gap for 2 or 3 nights of camping at the gap resort. Can never go wrong with that trip. I will be headed down the last week of Sept. (9/27-10/4)  mini bike races are at the gap the night of the 3rd so thats a bonus. Not really wanting a group or anything planned will probably totally wing it. Camp or super cheap hotels. I really don't want to worry about what others that are with me are thinking or if I'm not doing things the way they want. Don't get me wrong I love the camaraderie of fellow riders. But this trip i don't want to be the guy that's got the plan or everybody looks to to say now what or where. That being said I'm not opposed to Tagalongs but that is exactly what you will be the tag along. Don't get mad at me if I want to stop 25 times in a day or if I don't want to stop at all. Not sure how much better to say that. I love having company go with me but I want to be able to travel ans make mid day decisions like I'm by myself does that make sense?  Anyway thats the plan, hit me up if you want to meet up for this trip in either crossing paths or as a tag along.

• Upvote 1