"To Hell w/ 2020" Rides, 2021 Edition

Pauly

I really want to be ^this^ person but I just can't right now. Too many issues and time constraints that make it almost impossible. I am almost on self destruct mode this year and none of my riding is for group consumption. Time will quelch the issues and this too shall pass.

I am the benefactor of good people spending their time and knowledge with me as Pauly is offering above. I hope to someday have the opportunity to repay that generosity in kind.

I do know that he has the knowledge and skillset to help anyone that will listen and try what's being offered.

• Beer 1

I'm happy to tag along depending on the current happenings. Any NEO rides are good for me as they mean I'm closer to home. One of the joys for me is being a part of a ride that I'm not leading. It allows me to focus only on the road in front of me and decompress from the stress of everyday life. A little Rider fellowship and hearty meal can cure just about anything.

Don't get me wrong, I will gladly lead and take my turn. It's just a guilty pleasure to not have that responsibility now and again.

I'm looking forward to next season!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, mello dude said:

I would love to meet up with you guys.....but being in Dayton is at least a 3 hour drone to get up that way....

I too could probably teach beginning riders a few things........

Peace and beers to all.....

And a BTW -. kudos to Pauly - great post!

• Beer 1

Great plan Pauly. You NEO's have all the fun. It's been a  great riding season for me. Just over 11K on the V-Strom and 5k on the Z1K and the best winter Adventure riding is just starting,:banana: No Bugs, Cool temps, Leaves and Brush cleared. Will trailer down or back of truck with all the gear.  Going to try and do another Smokey Mountain 500 down in TN.NC.GA. this winter and the Talladega National Forrest in AL.

Hope to see you gents on one of you SE Ohio rides. Stay Safe.

Edited by B-Mac
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

This is something that I’d definitely be interested in. I’ve been riding for about 8 years but I feel like I have a lot to learn, especially in regards to taking corners at speed. I will be following this year!  Thanks Pauly 

• Beer 1

If you're a noob and hesitant don't be. I was an absolute amateur and shit rider until I started riding in a few groups with Pauly and he gave me a ton of good knowledge, tips and tricks of the trade. My skills blossomed and some of the most fun vehicular related times and stories I had were on these group rides.

It's really the biggest thing I miss about not having my own motorcycle anymore.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

If you're a noob and hesitant don't be. I was an absolute amateur and shit rider until I started riding in a few groups with Pauly and he gave me a ton of good knowledge, tips and tricks of the trade. My skills blossomed and some of the most fun vehicular related times and stories I had were on these group rides.

It's really the biggest thing I miss about not having my own motorcycle anymore.

It's a perishable skill. Bet you're back to being a lil bishh on a bike. :trollface:

Jokes aside - I would not be the rider I am today without the help from individuals on this forum.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

It's a perishable skill. Bet you're back to being a lil bishh on a bike. :trollface:

Jokes aside - I would not be the rider I am today without the help from individuals on this forum.

oh I don't even wanna know how bad it would be now. It was already perishing the last year or so of owning the VFR. Given the only 2 wheels I've been on since are a Harley, I don't even want to know how embarrassing I'd be. 

• Haha 1

It is a use-it-or-lose-it skill, but it comes back pretty quickly.  Every spring, it takes a few hundred or more miles to bring back the reaction and motor skills.  Modern bike engineering and tire compounds are improving faster than my skills are degrading.  At 70, not sure how long that'll hold true....

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Bubba said:

It is a use-it-or-lose-it skill, but it comes back pretty quickly.  Every spring, it takes a few hundred or more miles to bring back the reaction and motor skills.  Modern bike engineering and tire compounds are improving faster than my skills are degrading.  At 70, not sure how long that'll hold true....

Sooooo true....