Saturday 5-15-21 Let's ride

durk

As long as the weather is good I plan to be @ the New Concord Marathon gas station right on 83 by 10:30. I plan to be on the CBR. We'll see who all is interested in riding. If anybody wants to catch me on my way down chime in. I'll essentially be making my way from Lisbon. You'll see in the route I'm  not planning to loop back to New Concord. Feel free to split off whenever it's best for you.

This is the longer route I'm leaning towards:

Longer Route

This shortens it a bit if we want to save time:

Short Route

My guess is my pace will be medium fast. 

Edited by durk

1 hour ago, FatWilbur said:

I would like to join you.  I'm pretty sure I am free that day.  I am good with either route. 

Pete if you’ll just be returning from your Superbike school go easy on me. This will be my first long trip south. 

1 hour ago, B-Mac said:

I would like to join in the fun. Break off at Lewisville 145/78 and head home. I will check back as the date draws near.

Look forward to riding with you buddy. 

5 minutes ago, FatWilbur said:

lol... going next week... i just hope to keep your rear end (motorcycle) in my sites :)

Enjoy your time buddy. Look forward to riding with you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Darn, I'd really like to join you for this ride. Unfortunately, my new boss is having an end of tax season gathering and its probably in my best interest to show up. Though it doesn't start till 5 pm in Massillon... I'm considering riding the bike anyways so I might be able to join for a major portion. .. We'll have to see.

20 minutes ago, Muckles said:

Darn, I'd really like to join you for this ride. Unfortunately, my new boss is having an end of tax season gathering and its probably in my best interest to show up. Though it doesn't start till 5 pm in Massillon... I'm considering riding the bike anyways so I might be able to join for a major portion. .. We'll have to see.

I hope you can join even if it’s only for a portion. 

• Beer 1

Left the house this morning in sub 40 degree weather. As I made my way to New Concord, seemed like a guy looked right at me and still went to pull out in front of me. Thankfully he heard my horn and stopped.  I had a deer run out in front of me and multiple buzzards just chillin in the middle of the road, no kill even present. On 83 had a state truck spike his brakes to save a squirrel’s life. Had some dude on 800 brake check me for some unknown reason. I barely even had to touch my brakes to avoid him. Then he motioned for me to pass him. When I passed him he gave me the #1 sign and yelled something 🤷‍♂️. The great thing is none of that matters because I had an awesome day riding with some awesome guys. Close to 550 miles today. Great first long ride for the season. Thanks for coming out @B-Mac, @FatWilbur, and @Muckles.

3bjLKoW.jpg
s5ao2wf.jpg

3 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Great Ride, Thanks again Durk. Sorry I had to break off early but duty calls. Happy Wife/Happy Life.

I have found the happy wife thing to be true for a happy life. The question is did you rescue her plants? It was great to see you in my mirror all morning. One of these days I’ll get you to complete a loop with me again. 

Edited by durk

4 hours ago, Muckles said:

Made a good call spinning off from you two when I did. Made it back to new Philly in time without having to rush. Good time we'll have to do it again!

Good call, glad you made it back in time and had fun today. Definitely do it again. 

3 hours ago, FatWilbur said:

@durkThanks for posting the ride.  I had a lot of fun.  good seeing all you guys @Muckles@durk@B-Mac

Good seeing you Pete. In the future your not aloud to sand bag in the morning then run that BMW up my rear in the afternoon. Just kidding buddy it was a blast tearing up 800, 26, 260, and 145 with you. 

8 hours ago, durk said:

Good seeing you Pete. In the future your not aloud to sand bag in the morning then run that BMW up my rear in the afternoon. Just kidding buddy it was a blast tearing up 800, 26, 260, and 145 with you. 

lol... that ghost 👻 jalapeno 🌶 Arby's slipped into my food did something to me... i had a lot of fun trying to keep up with you

• Upvote 1