Hypothetical question.

Tonik

If someone is stupid enough to be seconds away from  putting diesel in their bike do you stop them or wait for the fun?

I am talking credit card swiped reaching for the nozzle close.

• Haha 2

I almost filled my tank with gaseous nitrogen once but I double fisted premium with sweat on my brow and saved it.

diesel fuel is dispensed through nozzles that may be green, black, yellow or any other color the retailer desires. Buyers of E85 (85 percent ethanol) gasoline blends can potentially be caught out by this situation as well because yellow pump nozzles are often used to dispense this type of fuel

why

41 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Diesel nozzles are bigger and won't fit in a car. Guess they thought bikers are smarter. They were wrong.

My bikes had fillers with holes too small for big nozzles. Someone and myself enlarged them so you can see how much gas is inside and they splashed out terribly even with the small clearance before.

Just now, motocat12 said:

My bikes had fillers with holes too small for big nozzles. Someone and myself enlarged them so you can see how much gas is inside and they splashed out terribly even with the small clearance before.

My wing came with a very large opening that would easily take a diesel nozzle. Guy on the Wing forum tested it, it fit easily.

It is one of my few complaints about this bike. The system they came up with for filling is the perfect setup for creating geisers.

19 hours ago, Tonik said:

If someone is stupid enough to be seconds away from  putting diesel in their bike do you stop them or wait for the fun?

That's hard-assed, dude....but it would only enhance your reputation as the master of the Dome of Hate.

Truth is, you gotta be pretty clueless--or maybe dehydrated to the point of being delirious--to not look at the pump labelling.

11 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Truth is, you gotta be pretty clueless--or maybe dehydrated to the point of being delirious--to not look at the pump labelling.

We are going to have to go with clueless. He had a whole saddle bag full of water that he was drinking all day.

Just now, Tonik said:

We are going to have to go with clueless. He had a whole saddle bag full of water that he was drinking all day.

It was still really hot.... We probably should have drank a gallon of water over the 9 hours 

Just now, Tonik said:

You're welcome for the spare water. Too bad your girly purse-sized panniers won't hold extra water. 

19 minutes ago, Pauly said:

You're welcome for the spare water. Too bad your girly purse-sized panniers won't hold extra water. 

Had that guy finished with his plan to convert to diesel he would have been very happy to learn I have a siphon hose rather than water.

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Could have used that extra 2 gallons of fuel capacity Matt didn't know he had. 

He was still almost out of gas due to bad advice from you. How big a tank is, while empty, is pretty damn irrelevant.

Matt: Right now I got 5 gallons of air in there.

Pauly: No you don't, you have 7 gallons of air.

Me: :facepalm:

Just now, Uncle Punk said:

Why is it always a Goldwing rider though?

I think you are reading this story wrong. The goldwing rider saved the BMW rider. Or are you saying you were riding a wing when you saved them?

You are correct. I read the story wrong. I now have a better picture of what took place. The BMW guy probably lacks much riding experience, he was frustrated riding along with the Goldwing guy because the BMW is too tall for him, the jealousy takes over and hijacks people's brains when performing complex tasks.  

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1