ohio bmv got worse

serpentracer

wtf is up with how they're doing this shit now?  make you scan a code on the door and sit in line.  that's the longest line i've ever sat in before.  1 hr.  used to only take 10 to 15 minutes.  

and what's up the new hideous license plates?  it ruins the whole look of your vehicle.   

19 minutes ago, bowdog said:

Last time I went it was such a shit show i just went ahead and paid for the 2 year registration on everything so i didn't have to go back for a while.

Registration by mail?

16 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I went in October to get the new fancy drivers license. In and out real quick with no problems.

Yep, and they let me pay for 8 years.

• Upvote 1

Registration online / mail is the way to go.   I renewed my DL in late September and did the 8 year deal too.  Not that it affects many of you yet, but they only do 8 year renewal if you’re under 65.   I made it by a year. 👍

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2022 at 6:57 AM, serpentracer said:

and what's up the new hideous license plates?  it ruins the whole look of your vehicle.   

Totally agree. I have to put this 

Zszt8Vu.jpg
On this

QFDkn4U.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, Wahoo said:

Registration online / mail is the way to go.   I renewed my DL in late September and did the 8 year deal too.  Not that it affects many of you yet, but they only do 8 year renewal if you’re under 65.   I made it by a year. 👍

I made the 8 year deal by a year too!  My wife and I went together to renew our DLs and she was only able to get 4 years.  I had to bite my tongue to avoid commenting out loud...

6 hours ago, MSerfozo said:

I made the 8 year deal by a year too!  My wife and I went together to renew our DLs and she was only able to get 4 years.  I had to bite my tongue to avoid commenting out loud...

You've either been married too long, or just long enough. Either way, the right call was made that day. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

You can check in online at most of them, then text them when you get there.  Should be in and out in no time.

On a side note, I waited at the Pataskala BMV for about 45 minutes the other day when I overheard someone say that the people that check in online go straight to the front of the line when they get there.  I left.  Went to Logan and there was not one person waiting.  Walked right up to the counter and took care of business. 

On 2/24/2022 at 3:11 PM, B-Mac said:

I made my own plate for my bike in Afghanistan.😄 At some of the Afghan checkpoints they were scratching there heads wondering.

Bike 027

You crack me up B

• 3 weeks later...

yeah boys, it's online next time for sure.  i've been driving since I turned 16 getting my own tags.  i'm now 46.  that was the absolute worst experience at the bmv in my life. that includes getting my license the first time.  there's no instructions what to do.  theres a big QR code on the door. that's it.  nothing.  the QR code did nothing for me.  i'm not downloading a scam app just for the bmv.   go inside everyone is sitting in rows of folding chairs.  12 people standing right inside the door nowhere to sit.     just a big tv on the wall with numbers like at the deli.  except the deli everyone knows what you need to do to get in line.   this was a crap show.  

Edited by serpentracer