SpaceGhost

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
So last night on the way home im talking away on the cell phone when I see the flashing lights in my rear view. I know I wasn't speeding because it was raining. When the cop walks up and says the usaual speel and asks me if I know why he pulled me over I naturally said no. He says it's because of "failure to display" my front plate. I kinda chuckled and said it is displayed in the front, windshield that is. He smiled and said it doesn't belong there. I said my car doesn't have a provision for it. He told me it goes in place of the panel that says "firebird". First of all, it doesn't say anything. I have a Trans Am so it has a picture of the bird. Anyhow he then says he is going to test my window tint. Thats when I started adding up how much this is going to cost! When he tests the tint it comes back @ 2%!!! He offers me a deal. I can get a ticket for one and a warning for the other. Which one do I want the ticket for??? Hmmmmm, I guess I'll take the ticket for the tint. When he comes back to my car he says since I've been very cooperative he will give me a break. He wrote me a warning for the front plate and a "repair order" for the tint. I have 5 days to remove the tint or he will issue me a citation via the mail.

I dont believe there is a limit. The letter from my doctor has no limit stated on it. So as far as I know, you can go as dark as you want.

correct. I've got prescription for window tint. I've talked to a cop and he told me I could tint my front window too

• 1 year later...
Where? Westerville?

lol this being what 18 months ago?

Was in new Albany right by the highschool on my way to my work.

Cop let me off though as I told him last time I drove it I got a ticket for it(Gahanna on valentines day) and its been broke since then( was legit time frame ) and he saw the tools in the back seat and the 8 months of dirt on the car. Told him I was taking it in this weekend to get it traded in. boom bam no ticket as it was the truth. Sold it a few days later.

lol this being what 18 months ago?

Was in new Albany right by the highschool on my way to my work.

Cop let me off though as I told him last time I drove it I got a ticket for it(Gahanna on valentines day) and its been broke since then( was legit time frame ) and he saw the tools in the back seat and the 8 months of dirt on the car. Told him I was taking it in this weekend to get it traded in. boom bam no ticket as it was the truth. Sold it a few days later.

Saw this in tapatalk under "unread", saw the last post which was today and didn't notice the date on yours. My bad.

The website I got this from is here: (it has other laws we may be interested in like exhaust)

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/clevelandcodes/cco_part4_437.html

(e) No person shall operate any motor vehicle which produces a sound or noise in excess of ninety-five decibels as measured not less than five feet from the source of such sound or noise. term "decibel" means a unit for measurement of relative sound levels as indicated by a sound level meter having those properties essential for the purpose of administration and enforcement of this section of a nature defined by the current American Standard Association Specification (Z 24.3-1944).

Does this mean they need a meter to give you a ticket??

• 11 months later...

You have to have some sort of medical condition. I suffer from migraines where I loose part of my vision so I have a doctors prescription for my 5% tint all way round my car I drive daily. Haven't don't the from window yet.

I think I may be able to make this happen:

"(1) A motor vehicle registered in this State in the name of a person, or the person's parent, legal guardian or spouse who has an affidavit signed by a physician licensed to practice in this State under RC Chapter 4731 or an affidavit signed by an optometrist licensed to practice in this State under RC Chapter 4725 that states that the person has a physical condition that makes it necessary to equip such motor vehicle with sunscreening material which would be of a light transmittance and/or luminous reflectance in violation of this section. Such affidavit shall be in the possession of the person so afflicted or the driver at all times while in the motor vehicle;"

Where can I get a hardcopy of this?

Are there any pre-written "affidavit" or whatever I can bring to the doctor and all they have to do is sign it,etc?

You have to have some sort of medical condition. I suffer from migraines where I loose part of my vision so I have a doctors prescription for my 5% tint all way round my car I drive daily. Haven't don't the from window yet.

It says "spouse"-so that means I need to have my wife say the sun hurts her eyes, and Errythang's getin murdered out. :fuckyeah:

• 1 month later...

First test of my "tint letter" today. I've been 20% all the way around and 50% on the front glass for about three years now.

Pulled over by a local officer staking out the stop sign in my neighborhood whose only reason for stopping me was that my tint looked too dark. Handed him my license and POI and I told him that was likely the case and the tint meter confirmed I was 19% on the side driver's window.

I handed him the letter from my Optometrist and while he looked at it, I dug out my copy of the ORC with the applicable section.

He handed me back everything except the license, went back to his cruiser for a couple minutes and came back to say he gets his glasses from the same doc and have a nice day :)

P.S. He subsequently double checked my front plate. If you are doing the dark tint, important safety tip: Have the rest of your vehicle up to code.

• 6 years later...

locked my keys in my car, was jimmying in and cop passed, honestly i waved him down to help. he was having a mediocre time hitting my switch, turns and looks at me and said "it would be so hard if your windows werent illegally tinted."

i preached ionly had the car a couple months(truth) and i never noticed them being too dark. i doubled checked and asked if id be digging myself a hole to have him check with his fancy checker. he said nah and proceeded. batteries dead of course. asked me if i didnt mind waiting for him to call for backup. i didnt mind we chilled. backup arrived and they checked....30% o sheeeeeet. no ticket...cool guys actually.....also never removed my tint :D

ps i had just met up with my internet gamer friend for the first time IRL. we met at his grandparents. nothing like first time meetup and having 2 cops outside within 15-20 minutes of meeting lol