just picked up an lt1

phil

ok so i just got a 93 z28, its got hedders exausht gears( need to be fixed) and a cold air intake.

ok looking for ideas for a cam, injectors, and should a spray it at all, its auto, but how much would a 6sp tranny cost, and who tunes on here for a reasonable price?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a good stall converter, retorquing your knock sensor, or better yet putting an lt4 knock module in (I think that applies to 93s as well), a cutout, 160-t-stat with fan switch, 1.6 roller rockers, and drag radials-

you should easily be able to pull mid to high 12s without opening the engine- make sure you get some sfcs if you dont already have them

I knew a guy with mods as yours in dayton with a speed density 93 with headers, 3.73s, and drag radials that ran 13.10s all day- all he had that you may not have is a good stall converter- and that was back in 96!

6 speed cars are more fun but in my experience they are rarely as fast in the quarter mile unless you have a really good driver.

With a good stall converter, retorquing your knock sensor, or better yet putting an lt4 knock module in (I think that applies to 93s as well), a cutout, 160-t-stat with fan switch, 1.6 roller rockers, and drag radials-

you should easily be able to pull mid to high 12s without opening the engine- make sure you get some sfcs if you dont already have them

I knew a guy with mods as yours in dayton with a speed density 93 with headers, 3.73s, and drag radials that ran 13.10s all day- all he had that you may not have is a good stall converter- and that was back in 96!

6 speed cars are more fun but in my experience they are rarely as fast in the quarter mile unless you have a really good driver.

x2 ,i dont think the 93 has them ,they dont have mass air either ,if they have a knock module if so ive never have a problem with it ,unless my tuner has done away with it.

i was at jegs today 2000 for hot cam kit, 75 shot, 26 lbs injectors, and shift kit, $380 to intall the shift kit at mike wards, $500 for a full tune, running 12s by the end of summer priceless. if anyone can do a shift kit for less than 380 lol let me know

i was at jegs today 2000 for hot cam kit, 75 shot, 26 lbs injectors, and shift kit, $380 to intall the shift kit at mike wards, $500 for a full tune, running 12s by the end of summer priceless. if anyone can do a shift kit for less than 380 lol let me know

injectors that size are easy to get used. 28# are stock in the LS1's check LS1tech and ebay. I sold a set over the winter for 50$

saw these injectors today for $50

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895895

Dude- unless you enjoy the loss in low end, gas mileage, and bucking and surging around 1800-2200 rpm do not change the cam to a hot cam...

Compared to the other cams out there the costs in driveability are minor but there will be a tradeoff-

Why not put the 1.6 rockers, some good tires, a stall and some driving practice in it to break 12s you can add the chain and cam later.. btw if you put a cam and chain in without changing the optispark or waterpump you are a crazy mofo- as that engine is a B@#%#@% to work on- I wouldgo electric csi pump if I were you cha-ching-

well its your money- I hope you like the look of the 5.0 tailights

Dude- unless you enjoy the loss in low end, gas mileage, and bucking and surging around 1800-2200 rpm do not change the cam to a hot cam...

Compared to the other cams out there the costs in driveability are minor but there will be a tradeoff-

Why not put the 1.6 rockers, some good tires, a stall and some driving practice in it to break 12s you can add the chain and cam later.. btw if you put a cam and chain in without changing the optispark or waterpump you are a crazy mofo- as that engine is a B@#%#@% to work on- I wouldgo electric csi pump if I were you cha-ching-

well its your money- I hope you like the look of the 5.0 tailights

im changing the water pump, and fuel pump before i spray it for sure, i was talking to craig about that optispark shit, how hard is that to fix if it breaks?

and what is a good cam to go with then? cause there arnt many mild cams for this car

ummm this weekend wont work, ill be in cleavland playing racquetball, but if you too want to do some rolls next weekend im down, i think me and paul are going to roll tonight after hooters, pm me and well set something up

im changing the water pump, and fuel pump before i spray it for sure, i was talking to craig about that optispark shit, how hard is that to fix if it breaks?

and what is a good cam to go with then? cause there arnt many mild cams for this car

Dude, look under the hood, there is a engine and no space, almost anything is going to be a bitch to do on that car. lol

You will learn the fine art of fixing by feel!!

Dude, look under the hood, there is a engine and no space, almost anything is going to be a bitch to do on that car. lol

You will learn the fine art of fixing by feel!!

this is coming from a guy whotook 21/2 HOURS to fix a break that is still fucked up? lol jk i know i have 0 space, thats what bk hands are for dah :D