Look out Jap bikes, Buell has something for ya!

ChevyMan1972

Everyone,

Just like the title says, there is a new buell in town move over jap bikes 140 wheel hp, even though it's powered by Rotax engine, still looks awesome!

http://buell.com/1125R/1125R.asp?1125RLocale=en_us

Dan

Price is at $11,500 Still a bit much but I will wait for a couple years..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone,

Just like the title says, there is a new buell in town move over jap bikes 140 wheel hp, even though it's powered by Rotax engine, still looks awesome!

http://buell.com/1125R/1125R.asp?1125RLocale=en_us

Dan

Price is at $11,500 Still a bit much but I will wait for a couple years..

Uhm, stock my bike put down 152 to the wheel. And its 998cc. That Buell is 1125cc, and less HP. Typical Harley made crap.

:rolleyes:

Another waste of metal that could've been used to make a real bike.

Yeah what's a ZX14 put down like 180? Move over what?

It's just not all about the strait line, try throwing a ZX14 in a corner ROFL.. I just think it on hell of an effort for a US owned company to give a little bit more to a sport bike that's all.

Dan

It's just not all about the strait line, try throwing a ZX14 in a corner ROFL.. I just think it on hell of an effort for a US owned company to give a little bit more to a sport bike that's all.

Dan

I agreee. Check out the Buell pages on the engine technology. The motor looks VERY nice, and has good linear power (flat torque).

The front cowl definately looks like its outta place. I cant figure out with all the sportsbike that have been successful over the years, and the basic designs that these bikes have shared, why its so hard to use this platform to make an american built bike that has a good look. Although this bike comes as close as I've seen.

I don't get the "typical Harley-made crap" comment about the motor. It's a Rotax motor, not a Harley V-Twin. Keep in mind that Rotax uses a lot of the tech they developed for their ultralight aircraft motors. That engine could probably run for hours at the limiter with no issues at all.

I don't get the "typical Harley-made crap" comment about the motor. It's a Rotax motor, not a Harley V-Twin. Keep in mind that Rotax uses a lot of the tech they developed for their ultralight aircraft motors. That engine could probably run for hours at the limiter with no issues at all.

There is a lot more to a motorcycle than just the motor. :gtfo:

What will be interesting is to see what happens with HD buying MV and Cagniva. Supposedly, they are leaving everything intact in Italy. Will they update their current products or leave everything alone?

hahaha, you mean CAGIVA, WTF is a cagniva. :nono: Oh, and I rode the 1125R when I was control riding at VIR Virginia international raceway. I thought it was pretty badass. Reved pretty fast, just wish it reved higher. the brakes were nice, and I could throw it around very easy. I would never buy one, but it was fun beating the piss out of a brand new bike on the track. This was a buell inside pass day

Guest 07cbrgrl

Well just hope that motor doesn't have the typical oil puddle on the pavement that the everyday buell acquires. IMO, it's ugly and looks super awkward.

• 4 weeks later...

Dan

Have you ever rode a zx14? I don't have any problems with the corners. The 14 handles far better than the busa (in my opinion). No, it's not a 600, but I think it does pretty well for what it is.