Panama City Beach, Florida 2011 - Spring Break

dover

Any level can teach anywhere, once they are certified. I think you have to be Level 2 to ref in a tourny. Level 4 is some fighting, but more toward the admin of opening and conducting a training program for a unit or school(if I remember correctly). Either way, I'd love to have to oppertunity you're getting. Have fun with it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Just finished Level 1 Combatives today. It was tough but I am glad to be done with it. My head instructor is leaving to go to Ft. Benning for the next month to attend Level 4 training. While he is gone I am going to get my hours as an Instructor teaching Level 1 to the AIT soldiers coming through. Upon my head instructor returning then I will test into Level II and go from there.

Being sore as hell everyday has hindered my ability to hit the gym, but those of you who know you sweat so damn much during training it equals out. Now that I just teach at night I will be getting back in the gym and trying to add some strength to my new found stamina and abilities.

• 3 weeks later...
Update:

Just finished Level 1 Combatives today. It was tough but I am glad to be done with it. My head instructor is leaving to go to Ft. Benning for the next month to attend Level 4 training. While he is gone I am going to get my hours as an Instructor teaching Level 1 to the AIT soldiers coming through. Upon my head instructor returning then I will test into Level II and go from there.

Being sore as hell everyday has hindered my ability to hit the gym, but those of you who know you sweat so damn much during training it equals out. Now that I just teach at night I will be getting back in the gym and trying to add some strength to my new found stamina and abilities.

The punch drill is where it is at!

I managed to poke the guy in the eye on round 4, let's just say he wasn't to happy and my ass got kicked out. Damn Semi pro boxers..

The punch drill is where it is at!

I managed to poke the guy in the eye on round 4, let's just say he wasn't to happy and my ass got kicked out. Damn Semi pro boxers..

Yah the clinch sucks but is worth it. I begin Level II November 29th. I'll update more after!

We'll by the time spring break rolls around I should have my bike! Give me a ring if your at PCB and I will come have a beer with ya'll. It is just a short drive for me. I made it in 1h 15 min!

I can also pose as your COC incase you get in trouble too!

I see myself sleeping on the beach a few times this coming summer!

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds good Shaun, are you training to fly? I am preparing to drop a WO packet to go to flight school rotary winged aircraft (which is at Ft. Rucker)

UPDATE:

Well I completed Level II Combatives here at Eustis, next is to submit for Level III down at Benning.

I beat a personal goal as well. Started at 196 when I first came to Virginia. Today I weighed myself at 184.5lbs. Very happy, hoping to make it to 175 for the All Army Combatives Tourney at Fort Benning in June.

why do you wanna be so light?

Strength in the military isn't judged by how big your muscles are. Useable strength out weighs beach muscles in my book any day. Plus I am training for the All Army Combatives Tournament in June. I don't want to fight 200+lb guys.

I know the method to losing the weight it is just on me to actually follow through.

Strength in the military isn't judged by how big your muscles are. Useable strength out weighs beach muscles in my book any day. Plus I am training for the All Army Combatives Tournament in June. I don't want to fight 200+lb guys.

I know the method to losing the weight it is just on me to actually follow through.

yeah, ill break you too. Im encroaching on 220lbs, all usable muscle.

• 4 weeks later...