what's a good beginner bike for a 6.3 ft tall person?

Vera

Maybe look at something tall like a Enduro or dual sport. If you have a steady hand and good head see what 600's or 1000's fit you. Maybe go with a older model like a 90-95. Less power, cheaper insurance and cost. Wont be as bad if it gets dumped. Just sit on bikes till you find the fit. Then make sure you can handle the ride.

I'm 6'2 and started on a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R.

If you're looking for a cruiser you will have more comfort choices. It depends what kind of riding your looking for honestly. Post that up and we'll be able to help you more. We have all kinds of riders here, from cruiser to enduro to sportbike to race track only.

Cruiser is not an option. I was thinking something like V-Strom 650 or so. A can do it all with taller seat height. But I have never ridden one since I can't touch the ground so I don't know if something like this is a good bike for a brand new (52 yr old) rider.

Hey, Vera

I am a returning rider after a 25 year hiatus. I stand 6 foot even and was seriously considering a Ninja 650R before I found an '03 VFR I could not resist. I still think the 650R is a great all around choice for a beginner since it's light, has a good seating position and is inexpensive. '08 around for mid-5k.

Saw many of your posts on riderforums.com because of the Kawi connection.

David

I'm 6'2 and started on a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R.

If you're looking for a cruiser you will have more comfort choices. It depends what kind of riding your looking for honestly. Post that up and we'll be able to help you more. We have all kinds of riders here, from cruiser to enduro to sportbike to race track only.

agreed even tho im short i have seen taller people than you ride one nick

Vstrom would be a great bike for someone tall. I'm 6'3" and have a ducati monster and a GSXR750. The monster is a little small but I love it too much. The GSXR or any of the sport bikes for that matter seem to stretch you out a little more but neither are tall per say. The V-strom and most other enduro-tourers are pretty tall and would work great if your height is the main concern. Ducati Multistrada and many of the BMWs are other good tall options. I have a buddy that has a V-strom 1000. I think it's a great all around bike, good at being sporty and for touring.

Cruiser is not an option. I was thinking something like V-Strom 650 or so. A can do it all with taller seat height. But I have never ridden one since I can't touch the ground so I don't know if something like this is a good bike for a brand new (52 yr old) rider.

The WeeStrom is a superb bike, very nimble and perfect for taller riders. Reliable, versatile, and priced right too. I can think of few better bikes for a new rider.