Chocolate Lab

TurboRust

Found a female chocolate lab running around our neighborhood last night. No collar and no tags. We took her to the vet this morning and she has a microchip, but it was never registered...too bad! We have put a call in to the Reynoldsburg police and the humane society in case someone calls, and have put a CraigsList ad up. So far, no calls. I would hope someone is looking for her, but I fear not. She is a little thin. At this point, we are thinking we may need to find a home for her.

The vet said they believe she is probably about 8 years old, as her microchip was done in 2005. She has had pups at some point and does not appear to be spayed. She is a true inside, people-loving dog. We have two large lab mixes and a chihuahua and two little kids and she has been awesome with both. Currently, she is laying on the floor looking up at me with her big brown eyes. So cute! Her teeth are clean and breath is good, and her nails are short. She knows "sit" but not much else. She slept on our bed last night and does OK in a crate. She was slightly afraid of last night's storm...pacing and panting until we let her on the bed, then she layed between us and was snoring. She has not had one accident in the house and drinks a crap-ton of water. She needs a good bath, but we are hoping to tackle that on Sunday.

If you would like to consider this girl to become part of your family, or know someone who would, please let me know.

614-256-4040, call or text Derek. We have pics on our phones we can send.

She pretty much just goes to the door. She also is fairly quiet. Not a barking maniac like our other dogs. She's gotten the hang of how things work around here pretty quickly. She also isn't a jumper and doesn't get on the furniture unless told.

Took her to Pet Supplies Plus today and gave her a good bathing. She looks even better! Clean, smells good and we gave her a good brushing and a new collar. She was a good girl in the bathtub. Sat still and just let us do our thing. One amazing dog.

She's relaxing on my bed.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/spedponcho/508E0F99-881B-4BC9-9E0A-EC29A99F78B4-40981-00001102169A090C_zpsbde5527b.jpg

You are now one of my heros. Partially for taking in a dog in need but mostly because you have a collectible Jason Voorhees figure in your bedroom.

In all seriousness thank you both for helping a lost dog.

Pavo