Best way to get to Old State and Lewis Center Rd during evening rush hour?

Prodeje79

I've been trying different ways coming from 315/Ackerman Rd. Perhaps there is no super secret route.....

I thought I would try here. I tend to cut across to 71, then take 71N to Gemini to Polaris to Old state, and it sucks.

I'd love to here some alternatives from people that also go this way.

I think getting off at Polaris is not an option.

I am wondering if could take 270 Cleveland Ave exit north up to Polaris. Then from there try Africa or Worthington Rd......

Or Maybe get off at 315/161 or 71/161 and take some back roads. It does seem that Huntley/Worthington Galena is jacked up though.....

Try this.

Get off at 161. Go west over the bridge and take the first right which will take you up to wilson bridge road. go east on wilson bridge road to 23 and then head north on 23. Dip off 23 at orange road and cut over to old state. Go north on old state and arrive at destination. This will bypass the 270/23/315 interchange mostly. Avoid polaris at all costs, especially at the old state/polaris area.

Source:

I live in worthingon and grew up in Lewis Center.

PS, Youre pretty much fucked any way you go heading out of the city.

Try this.

Get off at 161. Go west over the bridge and take the first right which will take you up to wilson bridge road. go east on wilson bridge road to 23 and then head north on 23. Dip off 23 at orange road and cut over to old state. Go north on old state and arrive at destination. This will bypass the 270/23/315 interchange mostly. Avoid polaris at all costs, especially at the old state/polaris area.

Source:

I live in worthingon and grew up in Lewis Center.

PS, Youre pretty much fucked any way you go heading out of the city.

This was going to be my suggestion but 23N to Polaris is awful due to 315 being closed at Powell Rd.

Text in bold pretty much sums it up. Good luck!

-Marc

Just did a job up there today. Heading back at 4pm 71 south from polaris pkwy was a joke. Good thing I have a F650 when those fuckers try to jump in before the ramp. I don't know how people can live in that area.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to travel this route every morning and evening, basically you wait. Find somewhere you can relax for a bit and let things "calm down". Now that they are doing construction on both 315 AND 23 at the same time...it's just generally going to suck even more than normal.

Fortunately I get to work around 7am every day so the morning isn't too bad...but I won't even leave my store til after 6 there's basically no point. Oh, and don't wait too long, because they cut 23 down to 2 lanes after 9 ;)

Welcome to the lovely life of a North Ender! Been up here almost 14 years now and if we didn't have such ready access to everything I could need I would run for the hills

take 270 Cleveland Ave exit north up to Polaris. Then from there try Africa or Worthington Rd
My wife does that with Worthington to Africa 90% of the time. When they had Africa shut down she started using Worthington to Powell Road that worked out well too. She also does Bale Kenyon Road off Worthington to Lewis Center(this is only a back up cause it is hard to turn left at that last turn onto Lewis Center, and watch school times too!). Hope this helps!

My wife does that with Worthington to Africa 90% of the time. When they had Africa shut down she started using Worthington to Powell Road that worked out well too. She also does Bale Kenyon Road off Worthington to Lewis Center(this is only a back up cause it is hard to turn left at that last turn onto Lewis Center, and watch school times too!). Hope this helps!

Thanks!

I tried that route last Friday as I made a stop at Sharon woods. It worked out well.

Got tired of that area after living there for 9 years. Sold our house in may and not going back. That's my solution. It's going to be particularly f'd for the next few years with the 23 north construction.

There are 1000 apartment units being built within a 1 mile radius of the Old State and Polaris intersection which is already a nightmare. No thanks, see ya!!!

Right on , andy!

So where are ideal places to live that have good schools and nice commutes?

Don't / won't have kids so I don't care about schools. Honestly I don't care about commute distance either as long as I'm not sitting still for half of it. Mental block I guess but I can't stand when a drive that should take 20 minutes takes 40. If the drive should take 40 and does take 40 I'm totally good with that.

We're in New Albany now and it's much better and we intend to build / buy in New Albany or Galena area.

Basically there is no good way to get to the North side above Polaris. I drive 71-gemini-Polaris-Old State every single day. It's a parking lot some days, and others not too bad. I'm there right around the 5:15 pm timeframe. I believe there is a proposed exit either at Big Walnut or Cheshire someday. If this happens then that road needs double lanes from 71 to 23 on that rd. Dreaming though...

Also a proposed extension of Gemini to Worthington rd is in the works. A developer is wanting to build up that area where the old Polaris Amphitheater is. Doubt it gets approved.

Basically there is no good way to get to the North side above Polaris. I drive 71-gemini-Polaris-Old State every single day. It's a parking lot some days, and others not too bad. I'm there right around the 5:15 pm timeframe. I believe there is a proposed exit either at Big Walnut or Cheshire someday. If this happens then that road needs double lanes from 71 to 23 on that rd. Dreaming though...

Also a proposed extension of Gemini to Worthington rd is in the works. A developer is wanting to build up that area where the old Polaris Amphitheater is. Doubt it gets approved.

Good stuff! Where is info on that? Looking on odot...