Boat Project

Linn1647545492

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got anymore details? what is wrong with the old motor? what is going back in? shitty time of year to start a project on a boat ;)

Nothing is wrong with the motor expect it doesn't make enough power in stock form. If all goes well the motor will be back in the boat in a few weeks.

Linn does your boat have external steering ? Going to be a handful without it depending on how much mph you are looking to pick up.

Heads cam and more inches, or putting a twin screw on it ? Better hope that bravo is in good shape !

Boat out at total performance marine?

Bring it up to Erie we can do 20 rolls in 3-5' chop :D

I heard you were asking about the boat today :) It's funny because I even asked them if you were their SnapOn guy.

I will take you up on that. I want to make a trip up to Erie this summer.

Linn does your boat have external steering ? Going to be a handful without it depending on how much mph you are looking to pick up.

Heads cam and more inches, or putting a twin screw on it ? Better hope that bravo is in good shape !

No external steering yet but, it's definitely going to need it. It's on the check list for next season. My Bravo is in good shape and I'm going to have to be easy on the stick. I'm going to over prop the boat to help keep the motor alive and keep the rpms around 4800.

These are getting cut up a bit this week so they fit. I found out on Saturday, I don't have a stock bravo exhaust exit. :( Let's just say I was more than a little upset.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/7B3DB783-EC15-4ADB-AB5D-041B92EE0F0E_zpsbddgou0a.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/87AE96C7-7258-4CA5-B022-3B2946308AD4_zpsz5xrg3ub.jpg

Can't wait to see this come together Linn. What pitch prop you going to run with the new setup ? You running a bravo 4 blade 24 now correct ?

The boat was faster spinning a Bravo I 4 blade 26 pitch at 4400rpm than a 24 at 5000. I'm thinking I'll need a 30 pitch this season.

Jesus 30?! Shooting for 650-700 hp then it would seem. That checkmate will be a fucking demon on the water! Should be a mid to high 80s boat now. Damnit making me wish I had skipped the new truck and went with my 540 this season.. We put a 4 blade 27 hydro on the velocity this winter and runs way better than the 24 hydro we had before. I agree with you over propping and keeping the rpms down.

Jesus 30?! Shooting for 650-700 hp then it would seem. That checkmate will be a fucking demon on the water! Should be a mid to high 80s boat now. Damnit making me wish I had skipped the new truck and went with my 540 this season.. We put a 4 blade 27 hydro on the velocity this winter and runs way better than the 24 hydro we had before. I agree with you over propping and keeping the rpms down.

My hull is a bit slower than yours, 550HP puts me in 72-75 range and 650 will put me in the 76-80 range. My drive is deep and I will eventually need a shorty lower. This season I'm going to try to break into 80s but, I think realistically I'll be in the 77-78 range.

My foundation is a carbed 502 that makes peak power in stock form at 4800 so I want to prop limit the RPMs and keep them right at 4800 with a light load.

I'm excited to get to work, I spent a few hours Sunday just cleaning the bilge.

Yea the checkmates do well with a -1 shorty on there. I would think with 650 you should be able to hit right around 80. Trim that sucker and hang on for dear life, the slack in the steering will suck at those speeds. I would be scared shitless without the external rams. Makes all the world of difference.

Yea the checkmates do well with a -1 shorty on there. I would think with 650 you should be able to hit right around 80. Trim that sucker and hang on for dear life, the slack in the steering will suck at those speeds. I would be scared shitless without the external rams. Makes all the world of difference.

With how deep my motor is mounted in the boat I will need at least a -2 shorty. It will need external ram/rams but, I'm going to see if I can make it this season before adding it.