Boat Project

Linn1647545492

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now have 5 hours on the motor and it went 74 with out even trying at 4400 rpm. It would bog down if it pushed the throttle any more than that and I could leave the throttle at the same position trim up and the rpm would increase from 3800 to 4400. It would bog at 3800 just like it does at 4400. When the secondary are starting to open. I pulled fuel out of it up top but, it didn't help the issue. Then after just cruising around for a while and coming off plane the Procharger didn't sound right. So I open the hatch and find the bearing is fucked in the Procharger and now it needs rebuilt. Just another used part to come back and bit me in the ass.

I'm thinking this was my issue up top and it wasn't increasing boost as it should have been. As of right now the boat run 74 with about 50% throttle and this 30 pitch prop might not be a big enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've got an issue with the RRFPR and it was rising to much and out of no where the new MSD box took a shit. So I winterized the boat yesterday and put it in storage. It's been a constant struggle and battle with the boat, I've replaced/rebuild almost every part on the boat and I'm just sick of working on it at this point.

I've got an issue with the RRFPR and it was rising to much and out of no where the new MSD box took a shit. So I winterized the boat yesterday and put it in storage. It's been a constant struggle and battle with the boat, I've replaced/rebuild almost every part on the boat and I'm just sick of working on it at this point.

Sounds like your ready to just spend some money for a turn key boat.

Sounds like your ready to just spend some money for a turn key boat.

lol not there yet. It's just been a nightmare of issue after issue for me with the build and I'm tired of working on it all weekend every weekend.

Edited by Linn

That sucks man. Truly. Makes me really second guess procharging mine.

-Marc

Mine was more than just procharging. The motor had two different head gaskets originally which caused all of my stock motor issues, then I had a intake manifold leak, I'm soon to be on my third MSD box. Most of my issue was buying used parts. :mad::mad:

I've had a similar year with my car. Only made the track once. Finishing up some more changes just in time for the tracks to close....ugh. Hopefully we can both 3njoy out toys next season!

That's the idea right. I want to do a bunch of small updates like all new gauges and some billet alum pieces and then redo the trailer. So there is still a bunch of work to do, it really is never ending.