CR Fall '17 List of Attendees

MrMeanGreen

Hopefully I'll make it. So far the D42 curse has gotten me every year. One year the car didn't run, next year I had a caliper bolt come loose and I had to get someone come get me off the side of the road. The next year it started snowing and they closed the track right as I got there.

This year I have a transmission leak. We're putting a new pan gasket in today. More importantly I have a leaking valve stem on one of the front runners. Turns out valve stems for spindle mount front dragster wheels are a somewhat specialized part. At least I work somewhat close to Delaware, so I'm running up there after school to grab a set. God willing and the creak don't rise I'll be there.

Is the $60 at the gate the only option as of now? I realize tomorrow is the day, just wondering if I show up in the morning if ill be turned away. I would hate to drive 2.5 hrs to be told they cant let me in. I would have signed up earlier but wasn't sure if i could commit to being there.

Very good time out for sure. Weather pretty much stayed away too, ended up bein a pretty gorgeous day. Final count was pretty impressive so good job to everyone who attended! Final tally was over 60, the yellow 70 was 61 by the time it got into the lanes.

Kudos to all of you who set new personal bests as well!

It was the first time i had ever been to that track, i must say that for just a tnt/rental day the prep was on point. I only had one pass that didn't better the previous, (one where it stood way up and came down hard and i stopped to make sure i wasn't leaking). I run a radial slick and was very impressed with the way they take care of the surface. I ended up running a personal best of an 8.88 @ 150mph, this was the first time i've had the blazer to the 1/4 mile since putting the new setup on it. Thanks to all the powers that be for making this happen!

Of those who ran on non-drag tires did you have traction issues? I could get the '71 to hook up but the '70 was just a smoke fest. Even coming out of the hole essentially on idle then rolling into it even torque out of healthy 455 broke them loose until probably the 600 foot mark.

Interesting facility though, used to race there back in highschool and WOW is it different. From what I have heard they are still only using half the track? Almost no seating added to the place yet, so not sure if there's another "phase" coming or what but hoping for big things going into next year. Would be nice to have another quality track in the area.

Of those who ran on non-drag tires did you have traction issues? I could get the '71 to hook up but the '70 was just a smoke fest. Even coming out of the hole essentially on idle then rolling into it even torque out of healthy 455 broke them loose until probably the 600 foot mark.

See the track times thread.

Interesting facility though, used to race there back in highschool and WOW is it different. From what I have heard they are still only using half the track? Almost no seating added to the place yet, so not sure if there's another "phase" coming or what but hoping for big things going into next year. Would be nice to have another quality track in the area.

I was on drag radials in an awd car and anytime I launched in boost I'd spin all 4 through first and second