Track times

blue98ls1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes here is the cone they placed to keep us out of the groove.

5cb2fc87929809426f9dbd257d1a7366.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's shitty, I mean I get it was only a "test and tune" rental but still, you paid your money. Should be able to use the track properly.

That's shitty, I mean I get it was only a "test and tune" rental but still, you paid your money. Should be able to use the track properly.

Correct. I have the entire video conversation with the track guy in the orange shirt pulling us through the staging lanes.

If it were a general test and tune on a Friday I get it. (sorta but whatever). We paid $50 to do a 'test and tune'. I would have rather paid $15 and went to Trails and got same times.

I will say my poor times have to do more with my ability than the track.

I looked at my slips Friday. I think I had 11 passes. Every pass was a 2.0 60' and maybe 1 1.9 but the ONE time I was in the groove was a 1.8.

Correct. I have the entire video conversation with the track guy in the orange shirt pulling us through the staging lanes.

If it were a general test and tune on a Friday I get it. (sorta but whatever). We paid $50 to do a 'test and tune'. I would have rather paid $15 and went to Trails and got same times.

I mean I understand wanting to keep it clean with the pros but you cant tell me that the dr's would rip it up that bad? Not to mention its not joe shmoe out there in his wife's minivan. Most (if not all) who paid the $50 for a private event know how to launch a car without ripping up the track. But I am assuming here. :dumb: Besides, what do they do every time they do run a "test and tune" night afterward? they prep the track the next day. Why should this be any different?

I had 4 slicks and they kept me in the street tire lane.

I was spinning pretty baldly-even in 4th gear with the Jam up. Evident here. Almost put it into a wall. Id run a rental at 42 again, but they HAVE to be considerate-I understand I have a shitty import, but I had slicks?? WTF

They told me to stay strictly in the right lane and I was running Hoosier QTP. Weird that you were running full slicks and they kept you in the left.

Yes, and I asked repeatedly to run in the right.

Im sure its "Import junk" or "it may break" or whatever. Still sucks but we had fun! :)

Ok, I get it, we paid money to use the track and what they did was kind of wrong. From what I understand this has been addressed and made known we won't come back if they pull this again, so it has been addressed.

Now for the truth bomb.

Prepping a track properly for high power cars is a fucking bitch. This track isn't Trails, they actually try to give fast cars a good surface to race on.

I have spent enough time at the track to see what street tires do to a good track and it's not pretty. You spin just a little bit on the street tire and it removes all the rubber that was put down like your tire is a belt sander, and it's not easy to put back down right.

I guess they spent a lot of time really prepping the track to get it right and I get it, but that doesn't make what they did right, just a bad choice.

If they had a rotator it wouldn't be as much of a problem because those can put the rubber back down quickly, but with out the rotator it becomes a problem.

Ok, I get it, we paid money to use the track and what they did was kind of wrong. From what I understand this has been addressed and made known we won't come back if they pull this again, so it has been addressed.

Now for the truth bomb.

Prepping a track properly for high power cars is a fucking bitch. This track isn't Trails, they actually try to give fast cars a good surface to race on.

I have spent enough time at the track to see what street tires do to a good track and it's not pretty. You spin just a little bit on the street tire and it removes all the rubber that was put down like your tire is a belt sander, and it's not easy to put back down right.

I guess they spent a lot of time really prepping the track to get it right and I get it, but that doesn't make what they did right, just a bad choice.

If they had a rotator it wouldn't be as much of a problem because those can put the rubber back down quickly, but with out the rotator it becomes a problem.

It is a bitch to properly prep a track and street tires do kill it. Some of the newer drag radials are damn near slicks now anyway :) Did they restrict those? I guess if they let you guys/us know what the deal was prior to the rental it wouldn't have been an issue. I've always been one to consider paying more for solid prep, but I don't think that we would get enough guys/gals to buy into that.

It is a bitch to properly prep a track and street tires do kill it. Some of the newer drag radials are damn near slicks now anyway :) Did they restrict those? I guess if they let you guys/us know what the deal was prior to the rental it wouldn't have been an issue. I've always been one to consider paying more for solid prep, but I don't think that we would get enough guys/gals to buy into that.

I ran in the slick prepped lane all day on drag radials with no issue.

It is what it is, lesson learned for sure and it won't happen again.

The facility is very nice and I plan on going back for sure.

Well, then I have to agree with what they did. Just not how they went about it. Shitty that they wouldnt let the colt run in the slick lane though. That doesn't make much sense.

I had 4 slicks and they kept me in the street tire lane.

I was spinning pretty baldly-even in 4th gear with the Jam up. Evident here. Almost put it into a wall. Id run a rental at 42 again, but they HAVE to be considerate-I understand I have a shitty import, but I had slicks?? WTF

That's a bit sketch. maybe they kept you over there because its awd? Did a good job of tidying up there btw.

Now for the truth bomb.

I hope I didn't come off as stirring the pot, as that was not my intention (nor was I in attendance). I am just surprised to hear that they would do you guys like that, having to re prep the track or not. Especially when you're paying the track (assuming more than what they would make per car on a test and tune night).

Fiero Turd went 12.55 @ 108.9 with a 1.86 60'.

If you were on anything other than a hoosier or full on slick you got shafted. That cone that was there on the left side was to keep you out of the groove so your DR's wouldn't "tear up the track for the pro mods that are coming in Saturday morning".

I know my car isn't the fastest but when you need to get a decent 60' to get a decent time and no matter what you do you can't hook for shit it kinda sucks.

Yea that was lame.. Every time I tried to leave in boost I burnt the tires off

Best 60' of the day was a 1.7 I believe (on drag radials)

Facility is awesome. First time back to 42 myself.

My car finally went faster AWD then it did FWD by 3 tenths.. went 11.6 @ 128. With a better 60' and some man shifting it should go 10s and then I can put it on a shelf or something.

Yeah, glad we made it up and had some fun, unfortunately traction was an issue most definitely in the 70. Both cars are on Cooper Cobra Radials and could NOT hook out of the hole. Green car did "alright" but with just coming out of paint the day before didn't have any time to really iron out any bugs before tossing it down the lanes. The yellow 70 was having terrible traction issues, even leaving off idle it just wasn't there. Totally understand the desire to protect the surface for the dragsters and such, but giving those of us on street tires some type of chance WOULD have been nice.

All in all, had a good time. Nice to get one more day out at the track and very proud of how CR showed up. With 60+ cars actually there, definitely can call that a success. Might need to travel up with a set of slicks in the truck bed next time though ;)

Tried 1 launch at around 1200 RPM, spun all the way through first most of the way through second.. :*(

https://imgur.com/a/UpD5e

I was on drag radials and pulled into the right lane, guy stood in front of my car and made me go to the left lane.

That's a training issue with the staff.

well either way, hope you guys put on another one! best track rental i've been to in a while. i'm rebuilding the rear end now and i should be on slicks next time.

thanks again