2018 Kilkare, was an excellent track day, post results.

Cordell

This was more hectic then usual, but again Anthony, and Tina pulled off another fun time. Thank you. Another huge thanks to Aaron, Miller, and everyone else that helped out with the autocross. I had a blast. Derek brought out some great BBQ for a convenient and tasty lunch, that was great too.

The Corvette was awesome, running 11.95 at 122 and then running a 30.3xx in the autocross. Couldn't have been more fun for me.

Working some new parts out in Wagner's ride, went 11.06 at 121. Making progress.

How'd everyone else do?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was more hectic then usual, but again Anthony, and Tina pulled off another fun time. Thank you. Another huge thanks to Aaron, Miller, and everyone else that helped out with the autocross. I had a blast. Derek brought out some great BBQ for a convenient and tasty lunch, that was great too.

The Corvette was awesome, running 11.95 at 122 and then running a 30.3xx in the autocross. Couldn't have been more fun for me.

Working some new parts out in Wagner's ride, went 11.06 at 121. Making progress.

How'd everyone else do?

It's a lot of fun working with you on this project. The fact the car drove there in full race trim, damn near clicked off another 10 second pass with the challenge track conditions and heat is a testament to what the car has become.

Thanks for the invite to LSx fest guys! :lol:

Wish I would have got there earlier, but my schedule didn’t free up until 11pm last night. At which point I decided to bring a fresh build, on a break in tune and 20” street tires. Clicked off a 10.0 which I’ll take.

Couldn’t add any boost without blowing the tires off. (My tires fault, not the track)

Glad I got to see some of you guys. And sorry for the ones I missed from being late.

Everything was awesome as always with a CR track day, and the food was also on point. My kiddo loved the wings Derek. :thumbup:

Had a great time too, it was really a treat to be able to jump back and forth between drag and autocross with almost no waiting for either.

Derek's pulled pork sandwich was delicious!

15.2@89 on strip and a respectable 31.2 on the autocross course in the wife's A4.

PS, Jordan get to work finding me that 350 :)

Great to see all you guys.

Scott - love the c5, nice work.

Derek - your bbq was on point.

Thanks Anthony and Tina for a great event. I liked this one way more than our NTR events in the past. Next we need to try DW42!

Edited by Miller

I got a 29.4 or 29.5 on one run, two other runs in the high 29s. A certain Formula Ford set the bar high at 27.9 seconds. I think there was nobody in the 28s, it was a slaughter. Kudos to Sean (Crossle), good job piloting that old hag.

The Continental ExtremeContact Wet tires tried their best, but at the end of morning session (6-7 runs), they became very hot. No chunking or anything detrimental, just a fast wear.

I got a 29.4 or 29.5 on one run, two other runs in the high 29s. A certain Formula Ford set the bar high at 27.9 seconds. I think there was nobody in the 28s, it was a slaughter. Kudos to Sean (Crossle), good job piloting that old hag.

The Continental ExtremeContact Wet tires tried their best, but at the end of morning session (6-7 runs), they became very hot. No chunking or anything detrimental, just a fast wear.

Sorry for making you chase that 2nd to last cone a few times, big girl didn't quite fit the course :lol:

I need to actually put good tires on mine, we might be close. The NT05s with a 7 year old DOT# don't work that well, and they got hot and greasy easily today.

Really enjoyed Derek's food at the track, big thanks to Tina, Anthony, Miller, Aaron, and anyone else that played a role in getting this going. I had a blast!

I thought I saw a 27.4ish at the autocross, didn't take the car down the drag strip. Maybe next time.

My best was 13.54 and the rest were all 13.8’s and 13.9’s. I’ve never raced my car before so I kept spinning and couldn’t figure out where to launch. Overall I had a great time and a big thank you to everyone for putting this on. You couldn’t have asked for a nicer day in Ohio to hang out with cars and friends. Dereck your food was awesome!

I packed just enough to make some money and sell out in a reasonable time. Thank you all for the business.

However between street car takeover friday and the track day today my corvettometer is going nutz.

I still wish I got some brisket at the Dyno day!!! :(

Sad I could not make this event guys! D 42 would let you do a Auto X as well- supposedly they have the fastest Auto X in the state.

Come back up north! PleasE! :)

I had a great day to! Thanks for all that made it happen. Good food, good fun. I tagged along with Cordell for a couple of his autocross runs. That was a blast. Tied a personal best with an 8.49 pass, would have been a touch better but I was already on the breaks. I just barely made the turn off that pass. Looking forward to the next one already.

• Casper unlocked this topic