My uncle is faster than your uncle...

Otis Nice

...maybe. I don't know your uncle.

Anyway, I really just made this vid as a gift for him but it's a legit car and legit racing so here y'all go. Maybe someone will like it. Maybe nobody will care. Shrug.jif

His entire life he's wanted a "real Hemi Challenger". He's been racing the last couple few years and got licensed and all that jazz or whatever. This year he's going for points.

EDIT: Sorry to the folks who despise music on vids like A-A-Ron. My bad.

Edited by Otis Nice

I mean shit if you did, kudos to you. Still pretty great you made the vid for him. He has a great car.

I drive a $150 truck. No way I have the funds to build that for my uncle. I also couldn't leave my own dad to rebuild the Fam '52 100% by himself. :lol:

• 10 months later...

Thanks for posting to keep it open until I got home, Chris. Interesting perspective.

Dad called while I was on the road for work this week. Apparently while my uncle had to tear down the engine. During the rebuild some folks caught wind and a few race companies (don't have exact info on who at this time) are involved in the rebuild or heard of it and are intrigued. The engine isn't listed anywhere and doesn't have a serial number but certain parts have certain codes on them and these folks are trying to find the original owner/NASCAR driver.

Four race teams/companies, whomever they may be, want to meet Tim personally when he runs his car at Gainesville Nationals in the spring. He thinks they may want to buy the engine.

The coolest part is the phone call he received. Richard Petty himself apparently has reason to believe that particular engine may have ties to him and wants to meet him, see the engine, and see the car. Tim told dad that once things are set he wants to fly dad down for the meetings. I didn't know it at the time I made this post but the car was purchased just 20 minutes from Petty's residence they found out while conversing.

Anyway, that's the way I heard it.

• 1 year later...

Long story short the OG unmarked Hemi got rebuilt. The 426 is now a 528. Tim had a minor heart attack a couple months ago but got cleared and made it back to the track for the first time since Sept 2019 and with the new build. Looking forward to a lot more as he gets back in the swing of things. He's also planning on hauling it up from FL for Mopar Nationals.

Couple of vids.

183048748-887916088453762-6225663287000879281-n.jpg

I drive a 95 civic as a daily and I oddly can't bring myself to move on since it starts when I need it to help to get to debt free

I can appreciate this. I will also never, at any point in my foreseeable future, be debt free.