What did you do for your ride today? (v3.0)

Not Brian

Everybody loves a clean squarebody

This.

Hell, my POS '78 got a lot of attention and it was far from clean. Folks at gas stations (which I was at often) always talking about how they use to have one or dad or grandpa did, etc.

I sold a set of NOS 73-80 wheel arch trim for I think $800 or $1k dollars a year or 2 ago. The guy said his were in good shape but had 2 holes in each one from mudflaps. And thats why he replaced them....:confused:

Is that the factory grille for that truck? It looks odd to me. I know its a GMC but something seems different.

Jesus Christ lol. These were like $45 from LMC. Plenty good enough for me :lol:

The grille and lights are from an '89-'91 GMC Suburban.....

img3391-1531922843601.jpg?1532118243000

I like it and think it looks good, but truth be told, wouldn't be my first choice. I like the '73-'80 front ends the best, followed by the '81-'87 Chevrolet, then a toss up between the '81+ GMC styles. The truck was recently painted, otherwise I would probably swap an earlier style front end on it. I think it looks good enough as is, so I'm not gonna fuss with it anytime soon.

Since the GMC's aren't nearly as common as the Chevys, I think I'm going to keep it all GMC. But if I ever feel like taking the time to switch anything I would go all out and go with the whole 70's front, which would require an entire front clip swap. Hood, fenders, grille, lights, core support, bumper, wiper cowl, etc. Ideally I would want this if I had the choice....

unnamed.jpg

My 1978 Chevy. Miss the hell out of that thing.

551948-484052051618555-489572598-n.jpg

I remember seeing pics of that back when you had it. Awesome truck :cool:

It's just something about the square front end on those 80s trucks that I think is so good looking

Great looking truck !!

Thank you :D

I like it and think it looks good, but truth be told, wouldn't be my first choice. I like the '73-'80 front ends the best, followed by the '81-'87 Chevrolet, then a toss up between the '81+ GMC styles. The truck was recently painted, otherwise I would probably swap an earlier style front end on it. I think it looks good enough as is, so I'm not gonna fuss with it anytime soon.

I was going to guess Suburban. Yeah I would prefer the 85 front end if it was mine. That grille reminds me too much of an S10 or something.

Converting your front end would be quite a bit of work. And almost impossible with nice original parts. I bought 3 73-78 hoods before I found one that I could even have reworked to use on my truck. All the replacements are all 79-80 hoods.

• 7 months later...

Got a cheap little mileage-racker-upper and have been replacing aged bits n bobs here and there with new stuff. Wife gave it a pretty solid detail, too. Window switch was broken, shifter covered in 17 years of cumfarts, headlights were foggy, and a dozen other things that I had a actual mechanic fix (control arm bushings, balljoints, torn CV boots, alignment, etc.). Also has all new'ish belts, tires, and brakes, and is ready for some snowy parking lots.

xoPT322.png?1

zEdu6S1.png?1

JLMlJzO.jpg

84licAp.jpg

k7Sypc9.jpg?1

co4clb0.jpg?1

1x7Db5X.jpg?1

gRHVFxY.jpg?1

4de7z4W.jpg?3cf03Pa5.jpg?3

Edited by Not Brian

• 2 months later...

So after smashing a crater of a pot hole on River Rd a few weeks ago, I found myself with a blown tire and two bent rims.

inbound3546666816432286270.thumb.jpg.dd21181e8025461c95fb4eebe7fd796a.jpg

It was no Nascar pit crew but had the spare swapped in 15 min. Insert dinky innuendo here. 

inbound6107759418959556042.thumb.jpg.2b13b4530eeab622d3ed3feb72cb2b62.jpg

So dad mobile got a much needed new set of shoes. These are the Jegs new Resto-Rod wheels 17x8 4.5 backspacing. I went with the Polished lip with gray spokes. Tires are Douglas Performance all seasons 235/55r17.

inbound5529596470321603444.thumb.jpg.3a4d0be4db90778cf1a87a2139f5f5be.jpg

inbound9174474330725243365.thumb.jpg.bfa04cf08c907e2ca17e1a9fca8eb2f8.jpg

inbound5842117040667931461.thumb.jpg.d7fdd954d2b2a1ca5e4243dcb7f31c58.jpg

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Bought another rear tire. Season hasnt even started yet.

This is the car thread, you want "what did you do to your bike today" thread. Poor car peeps are looking that this going 'wtf, why did he only buy one rear tire?'

Damn noobs.

• Haha 2

On 5/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, 2 Sweet said:

Here’s my 88

040339FE-D36C-4E8C-A75B-C9CB031F63FF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, durk said:

Spent 2 days detailing the Trans Am. I’m new to the car side of this show. 

Looks good. Trans Am's def stood the test of time. 

6 hours ago, Tonik said:

This is the car thread, you want "what did you do to your bike today" thread. Poor car peeps are looking that this going 'wtf, why did he only buy one rear tire?'

Damn noobs.

I just figured he drove a '64 Buick Skylark. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Tonik said:

Damn noobs.

I think a thread titling standard needs to be implemented to easily distinguish the thread's I might be interested in vs. the ones I won't give a shit about until I'm old and crusty and can no longer swing a leg over a motorcycle anymore. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Otis Nice said:

Casper, help. This is too confusing for some of your "bubby's" already. 

Yea well that'll happen when you're used to one thing for 14 years and then without prior warning there's an outage then when it comes back there's a buncha bullshit I haven't seen since my time in Columbus Racing :lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Otis Nice said:

Understandable. It's a change for everyone. 

This Brady Bunch remake sucks. It's like ya got the men on one side and the bubby's on the other and it's just awkward. 😆

I'm just glad there are more people to shoot the shit with :D . We all like loud thing with motors.

• Upvote 1

since yesterday was my birthday decided to get some stuff figured out for the Gladiator. Committed to buying a small lift that should help fit the 35" tires I picked up. Just need to make sure they aren't too wide for the low offset of the wheel. Hopefully by end of April I'll have it all installed and by summer the life size hot wheel build should be mostly complete and I can finally get better pictures.

This one is before I installed the sport bar on the bed:

May be an image of snow and road

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1

On 3/25/2022 at 11:53 AM, Bad324 said:

since yesterday was my birthday decided to get some stuff figured out for the Gladiator. Committed to buying a small lift that should help fit the 35" tires I picked up. Just need to make sure they aren't too wide for the low offset of the wheel. Hopefully by end of April I'll have it all installed and by summer the life size hot wheel build should be mostly complete and I can finally get better pictures.

This one is before I installed the sport bar on the bed:

May be an image of snow and road

Hey, Brian... someone painted your Jeep purple. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Hey, Brian... someone painted your Jeep purple. 

and the stripes look pink, god damn instagram filter my wrap guy used for this pic I hope because it doesn't look purple or pink in person

I need the lift and wheels on and some decent weather to get good non-filtered pics.