What did you do for your ride today? (v3.0)

Not Brian

After a 5 month ordeal, I installed my permanent plate. An insignificant think but my most satisfying install yet because it marked the end of dealing with the worst company I've ever done business with. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/15/2020 at 11:19 PM, zeitgeist57 said:

Got H&R's (p/n 51816) shipped from Tire Rack for $322. Got them on Thursday along with new KYB's and mounting hardware and went to town...

jkP0sb5l.jpg

fD6ZzkPl.jpg

LOVE the finished look. Tough to see in pics because it's such a fat pig, but the in-person look is great. I squatted down for the pics but at normal viewing angle the wheels/tires tuck in perfectly with 1-2 finger gap. No rubbing.

I'm reminded how good aftermarket springs are. These German-made H&Rs were shorter (obvi) than factory springs, but the steel coils are way beefier. Even with sway bar end links disconnected (trashed them in removal...got new ones coming tomorrow) it took bumps really well and just feels flat and solid. The drop was over 1" each end and still hasn't settled. Needs an alignment.

Very happy with the crotchfruit transport now...82k miles so plenty of life left, paid off, and will be having fun for years to come. At least now it won't look like every other Odyssey in a UA school parking lot. ;) If you have a minivan, seriously...get lowering springs. Very cheap way to make it look better and handle well for DD duty.

This fella LS swapped a '95 Odyssey and I immediately thought of you:

289667755_10158058520955388_4526590393745770754_n.jpg

289808833_10158058520980388_8961928838154960708_n.jpg

289719762_10158058520935388_3713135711019286775_n.jpg

• 6 months later...

Couldn’t resist. My thoughts are with all the rain we had recently the salt was pretty much gone from the roads. Fun times. I also love the new door lights I installed. 

d1tg6f0.jpgKbehkXF.jpgeInhgGt.jpgayWYscy.mp4

• Upvote 2

Sold my suburban a few days ago, had a run in with a deer on Christmas Eve and decided it wasn't worth my time to fix it with all the other issues it had going on. Went out and got myself a replacement pimpin ride.  2020 Yukon XL Denali.  Rolling in style this year 😜

IMG_20230106_163419803_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230106_163433119_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230106_163446684_HDR.jpg

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Since the weather sucked this week for spring break, I decided to clean up the Trans Am.

YZNUmge.jpg

polished fender vs non polished door

oC4hVaY.jpg
both polished 

tYwznNP.jpgzWuHRnh.jpg
VponY6Y.jpg

this is why we use the weatherstripping to close the door kids

jSB6Qow.jpg
it cleaned up decent though

pjMqOLc.jpg
finished product 

NAy1aRB.jpgyD1s91n.pngRi3uxIl.jpgE54pvRG.jpg

Edited by durk
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Tonik said:

The Oldwing is not a race bike.

neither is that bimmer he has but hes still gonna be rippin up the track on something this year. Look forward to riding together again this year Paul!

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

You'll be immediately frustrated that you cant go faster.

Shoot I’m frustrated I can’t go faster with the wing on the street. I used to wonder if I’d be better off with a slower bike. I now know I prefer a bike that is above what I’m willing to push it to. Dragging pegs was scary on the Concours. When the Wing touches down and unweights the rearend that is beyond scary. 

4 hours ago, durk said:

Shoot I’m frustrated I can’t go faster with the wing on the street. I used to wonder if I’d be better off with a slower bike. I now know I prefer a bike that is above what I’m willing to push it to. Dragging pegs was scary on the Concours. When the Wing touches down and unweights the rearend that is beyond scary. 

If you have a passenger, it helps keep the rear end down. 😁

4 hours ago, durk said:

You need the new Wing. Way faster, far more lean and suspension to back it up. Pegs hit and fold, you got another couple of inches before it hits a hard stop.

That said, welcome to the world of bikes that you can't drag an elbow on. They all hit that hard limit eventually and start to lift the rear tire.

• Upvote 1